GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I'd post this in the "For Sale" thread, but thought it'd get more air play over here for the weekend.

I talking with their rep, I ordered a pair of the Gerbings G3 gloves in size large. I've always had trouble finding gloves that fit may hand, in that the fingers are usually too long.

Well... the rep sugested that I order large, so I did. I just got them today (after being back-ordered for 7 weeks)... and, of course, the fingers are too long for me.

So... since I know that there's usually a long wating list for these gloves... I thought I'd see if anyone here wanted them before I send them back either Monday or Tuesday for a refund.

Price is the same as listed on their website: $169.00... and I'll charge $6.00 to ship them Priority Mail anywhere in the US, which makes it an even $175.00

All I did was take them out of the package, and try them on.

If no one wants them, I'll simply send them back to Gerbing... but if you do, either send me a PM here or email me at [email protected]

Tom

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Please undulge us in some measurements:
What is the length of your index finger? Measure the inside between index and second fingers.
What is the width of your palm. Measure from outside index knuckle to outside pinky knuckle.

I usually have the opposite problem from you; gloves are almost always too short in the fingers.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the length of your index finger? Measure the inside between index and second fingers.

2 1/4

What is the width of your palm? Measure from outside index knuckle to outside pinky knuckle.

3 1/2

Seems most pair of gloves I get that will fit over my hand well (not tight or binding) are about 3/4 - 1-inch longer than my fingers. The lady at Gerbing tells me that their size medium glove, which has slightly shorter fingers, will most likely be too small for my hand

I've got a great set of winter gloves that I've used the past 2 years, and Gerbing says they can wire them for me to use next season if I want to go that route... which I think I'm going to do.

Anyway... like I said... I was simply wondering if someone wanted a pair of the Large size gloves without having to wait in line for the back-order list to be filled.

Tom

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Thanks for the measurements Tom. You have really short fingers.

I did some poking around and I don't think those will be right for me. My measurements are 3 3/4" and 4" respectively. Thanks for the offer though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts