GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a Pakit Rak with a Rivco trailer hitch? (2006 & similar models) The only Rivco hitch I see for a 2006 is a through the fender installation, and it appears that there is no receiver tube to accept the Pakit Rak. I assume there must be some type of adapter that could be used, but I couldn't find it if there is. The Pakit Rak site shows a Rivco hitch adapter, but I don't see how that could work.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Yes, I am.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
The image on the Pakit Rak site of the adapter is not accurate and I understand your confusion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The image on the Pakit Rak site of the adapter is not accurate and I understand your confusion.
Aaaahhh! That explains it. There is more to the adapter than is displayed on the Pakit Rak site. So there is also a flat metal piece on that adapter that is not shown on the image. Why the h**l would they not display an accurate image? Here's a link to the image of the adapter displayed on the Pakit Rak site.

https://pakitrak.com/search?q=rivco+hitch+adapter

Thanks much for your reply to my inquiry. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Or less than is displayed.
The horizontal piece in the image on the Pakit Rak site is accurate, it will be vertical, (more or less), when on the bike. The vertical piece, in the image is what is not shown accurately. It will be a flat piece for the RIVCO hitch. As you can kinda see in Chris E's photos in the link I posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts