GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any pictures an/or comments of a Pakit on a 2012+ ?
Installation and quality comments are what I'm looking for.
I am seriously considering one, but have only seen them on pre- 2012.
Thanks.
bbc

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the Pakit Rak on my 12. I have the version that mounts to a receiver hitch. Mine has thousands of miles on it and have never had an issue. In fact it was originally mounted on my '04 before this bike. Had to get the manufacturer to send me a new bar to add 2" to the overall length so it fit the new rear fender. I don't have a picture here, but can get one this evening. My wife and I use the bag on trips where the bike stays home. Adds a considerable amount of carrying capacity for items on longer trips. I highly recommend them from my own use.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
:agree: What alawinger said. I use it on long hauls. They are a great alturnative to dragging a trailer around!;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Was able to get a photo ot Pakit arak mounted to the back of my 12. Only down side is the license plate is hidden. But I've never had a problem with in all the places I've traveled.

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
me too

Does anybody have any pictures an/or comments of a Pakit on a 2012+ ?
Installation and quality comments are what I'm looking for.
I am seriously considering one, but have only seen them on pre- 2012.
Thanks.
bbc
im vip on wingstuff, i have a 2014, pakit rak is $329, plus i think i will get a vertical hitch,so i can haul up to 45#, wingstuff has a 'add on' brand hitch for $179, have email in for pakit website if that vertical hitch will work.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Bushtec hitch rear piece can be removed. The bolts are not easiest to get to so most people either put the bike on a stand or lay it on it's side. Laying it down is the easier of the two modes. Once you've done it, the laying over gets easy.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Was able to get a photo ot Pakit arak mounted to the back of my 12. Only down side is the license plate is hidden. But I've never had a problem with in all the places I've traveled.

View attachment 52989

View attachment 52988
I have the Pakit Rak on my 2012 Wing without the hitch option. Very easy to install. I don't have a photo of it installed however here is my modification so the plate is visible even with the rain cover is installed :

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2850

:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts