1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have three bikes in a single car garage and use two of these to move the bikes around. The third bike has a dedicated dolly.

They work as advertised...

To get the bike off, just lock the wheels and tip off center stand as usual.

The GL1800 is a bit low but you can get the dolly under there...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phred,
Thanks for the input. One question on the Park-N-Go. You mentioned there is not a lot of clr to get the dolly under the wing. If so, when you rock the bike off of the center stand, does the GWing hit the dolly? and if you had/have a belly pan will that slam into the bike as well?

I didn't see any video to mount or dismount the goldwing...I've only seen the guy rolling his GW around effortlessly.

thanks again...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Phred,
Thanks for the input. One question on the Park-N-Go. You mentioned there is not a lot of clr to get the dolly under the wing. If so, when you rock the bike off of the center stand, does the GWing hit the dolly? and if you had/have a belly pan will that slam into the bike as well?

I didn't see any video to mount or dismount the goldwing...I've only seen the guy rolling his GW around effortlessly.

thanks again...
Potentially, yes...good catch.

I tried taking it off the park-n-go onto a 2x4 under the rear tire but found it hard.

What I do is hold the front brake while taking it off and let it down (creep off) real gently. The park-n-go shoots toward the rear tire where there is more room. I've had no problems so far...and get very little suspension "bounce"

I'd would guess that if you just pushed it off, the bike would come off and the suspension would sag and you could potentially hit...

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a park-n-go dolly with a belly pan and had to cut the castors threads even with the tops of the nuts just to get the dolly underneath with it sitting on 3/4 in thick plywood. I have noticed that the belly pan conforms nicely around the coolant tank, I think the castor nut ends were contacting the belly pan when it came off the centerstand. It is nice to move the bike around in the garage while you are working even if it is just to postion it for better light.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a park-n-go dolly with a belly pan and had to cut the castors threads even with the tops of the nuts just to get the dolly underneath with it sitting on 3/4 in thick plywood. I have noticed that the belly pan conforms nicely around the coolant tank, I think the castor nut ends were contacting the belly pan when it came off the centerstand. It is nice to move the bike around in the garage while you are working even if it is just to postion it for better light.
I talked to the vendor last month at a show. They produce a Wing-specific version with the bolts cut down as you describe, they charge an extra ten bucks for this version.

·
Registered
825 Posts
$200 seems to be a bit pricey, would putting this money toward a pitbull lift be better spent? Just asking opinions...Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
$200 seems to be a bit pricey, would putting this money toward a pitbull lift be better spent? Just asking opinions...Thanks
Opinion...

Well, I have a jack...and when in use it sticks out into "usable" space in my garage.

With these, you can really tuck the bike into small spaces and have one out to work on or ride. They really do help save space while the jack did not.

My jack is for maintenance...the park-and-move's are for storage and inventory movement..;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts