GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Park N Move which I thought would be ideal with my garage situation. I never have a problem putting my bike on the center stand but yesterday when I tried my new Park N Move I couldn't get the bike to budge. I feel silly, at the demo the salesman (who is half my size) had absolutely no problem putting the bike on the dolly. Do the shocks have to be fully charged first? My tire pressure was 41psi front and back. What am I doing wrong? Put all of my weight on the center stand and lifted until my back just about gave out with no luck whatsoever. Very frustrating.
Mike
09 CBC

·
Registered
303 Posts
I cut a small piece of 3/4"plywood and drive the back wheel on it. you'll be able to lift your bike on the park-n-move with normal effort.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I recently bought a Park N Move which I thought would be ideal with my garage situation. I never have a problem putting my bike on the center stand but yesterday when I tried my new Park N Move I couldn't get the bike to budge. I feel silly, at the demo the salesman (who is half my size) had absolutely no problem putting the bike on the dolly. Do the shocks have to be fully charged first? My tire pressure was 41psi front and back. What am I doing wrong? Put all of my weight on the center stand and lifted until my back just about gave out with no luck whatsoever. Very frustrating.
Mike
09 CBC
Having the shock up high can help -- Getting onto the center stand does involve a tiny bit of rolling rearward, and somefolks find that a show-stopper if they leive their bike in gear and try to get onto the center stand.

One trick that can work in a pinch is to stop with your rear tire on a small sheet of 3/4" playwoord or a secton of 1x4 (1x6, whatever) scrap wood before trying to get up onto the center stand -- the Park-N-Move really doesn't add too much height to the whole equation, but the lever moment on the 1800 can be "just enough" to seem insurmountible without a little help (or, as above if the rear wheel is holding you back from the start) -- Something that you can overcome at 0-height may just 'feel' impossible with the tiny but of added height from the Park-N-Move.

·
Registered
26 Posts
don't feel alone ,I am 6-1 190# and have the same issue.
you jus have to stand on t side stand lever with a little force and it will go.
I will say it does move around as they say, as long as your floor is really clean.
good luck.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
Is it in gear ?? Can pull till your (well you know ) and aint going up on stand. Also its all in tecnique (spell ck here ) leg does most work. Good luck

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I ride my Wing's rear tire over a piece of 1 X 6 and 2 feet long, sometimes forward or reverse. While the bike is on its side stand, I then slide the Park-N-Move under the bike and the center stand is deployed with much ease.

If your garage floor is not perfectly smooth and clean I strongly suggest the you put a non ratcheted strap between the left engine guard and the left leg of the bike's center stand to prevent the center stand from folding when moving the Park-N-Move around your garage with the Wing on it. Don't ask me how I know this! :eek:4:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Are the wheels of the Park N Move locked? If so, unlock them. Having them unlocked will allow the stand to roll under the bike's center stand as you pull the bike on the center stand.

Anything you can do to raise the bike up (increase the distance between the bottom of the frame and the ground will help as the Park N Move being a bit off the ground will make it more difficult than normal. (e.g., suspension at max, 3/4" board under rear wheel).

Otherwise, make sure you are following all the correct techniques when you normally put the bike on the center stand.

Mike
09 CBC

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
General comment - don't lift the bike. Keep your arms and back as straight as possible, and push the stand down into the floor with your leg. I know it sounds strange, but that's the best way to get the bike on the center stand. Have the rear on full preload, and some plywood under the rear wheel helps. Pull the clutch in or have in neutral.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Being a 165lb weakling, I found that the difference between a 1/4 full tank and a full tank is the determining factor as to whether I can get the bike on the center stand sometimes.

That extra fuel weight just pushes it over the edge for me.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I hear ya! Small differences in the grade of my garage floor make enough of a difference for this 125lb weakling. It will go up at some garage floor locations and will not in others. I always shake my head in disbelief when my riding buddy just "throws" it up on the center stand. Doesn't even have to have both of the center stand feet on the ground. Up hill, down hill...doesn't make any difference. The bike literally jumps on the center stand for him. Weight does have its advantages.

Being a 165lb weakling, I found that the difference between a 1/4 full tank and a full tank is the determining factor as to whether I can get the bike on the center stand sometimes.

That extra fuel weight just pushes it over the edge for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts