GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that parking at the old fair plaza is very limited. I also know that the possible best parking is to park at Chilhowee Park and ride the shuttle. However, what if we are needing work done by the vendors (Example, Pinstripping), where would you suggest parking near the trade show? I heard a rumor that there would be some street closures for bike parking too. Anyone else know about that?

Regards,

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
parking

There is a HUGE parking lot right outside the vendor area, i used to go to honda hoot every year back when it was held there.
:agree::lol:

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Not going-but been 3 times before. I don't mind walking. BUT if you want to park close(real close) and not walk or you are real FAT like 50% of the wing riders. Just circle the parking lot have someone get a vendor work pass then park your bike inside the hall. Half the bikes in this area get the pass and never move.Some call it the Dairy Queen special

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Not going-but been 3 times before. I don't mind walking. BUT if you want to park close(real close) and not walk or you are real FAT like 50% of the wing riders. Just circle the parking lot have someone get a vendor work pass then park your bike inside the hall. Half the bikes in this area get the pass and never move.Some call it the Dairy Queen special
Now what brought that on:eek:4::eek:4:

The Henley street bridge is closed so not much traffic there. They could let bikes park on both sides of Henley:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Now what brought that on:eek:4::eek:4:
The answer is in his sig line.....:coffee1:

Hint.....Experience from the social club.:eek:4:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
How about car parking

This will be my first time attending.

Can't ride because of this, but can drive, so how's the car parking?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
ChrisE,

I am not a Doctor or Radiologist but I don't think those dark things are supposed to be there. Hope you heal fast.
Appreciate it, I think I'm healed, but am not allowed to ride any of my toys until August, that's while I'll drive, just for the day, to Wing Ding.

My first one so I'm not sure what to expect.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
ChrisE, Expect lots of old farts with vest with lots of stuff hanging off.
B.T.W. I'll be there mostly because I have friends and I love to ride in the surrounding areas.
We're planning a lunch get together some time during the week.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the vendors are downtown not at the park
That why I was asking about parking near the old worlds fair plaza/convention center to save having to shuttle to & from the park on the day I was scheduled in at one of the vendors. Maybe, I just wasn't that clear in my original post? Sorry!

Thanks for all the posts!

·
Registered
350 Posts
You're a real good representative for the CMA aren't you !!!!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
You're a real good representative for the CMA aren't you !!!!
Since when is it a sin or un-christian to tell the truth.......

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Hang around some. There are a couple of old cma farts on trikes that got him beat by a mile.....:popcorn:
Heh your signature picture proves my point. Ride safe

·
Registered
134 Posts
Parking

they are going to close a street on the North Side and it will be for Bikes only--so parking will be close.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I believe that this will be about the biggest thing they have tried to pull off in the Convention Center. Since they are dividing the event between Chilhowee Park (where the HOOT and WingDing have been in the past) and the CC, it may ease pressure a bit and let you park at the Chilhowee Park lot then take the shuttle downtown and back, covering both sites. The advantage (the only one that I see) to the Convention Center is a newer, more spacious multi-level enclosed and air conditioned space for the vendors and meetings/classes. Parking is at a premium in downtown, but should be greatly eased as Wimpy indicated. Henley is the street in front of the CC, is US 441 to Sevierville (becomes Chapman Highway South of the river), and is closed off at the Tennessee River for bridge replacement. The in-town detour is past the CC, but locals know to use the James White Parkway and bypass all of that while the construction is in progress. If I go to Top Gun (all I'm interested in this year), I will probably take advantage of the shuttle.

There are also supposed to be some downtown lots dedicated to the event, but far enough away that you will still want the shuttle. I've not seen yet if they will be paved or not.

BTW, if you are interested in a small ride that week, please check my posts on the Trips boards here and here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts