GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group,

Just wanted to see what everyone is doing, if anything, to keep the seat from getting so hot while setting in the sun at work. What is the wisdom of the group?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Put a cover over the seat, I always use a 1/2 cover on the bike when I parked at work.
Keep the sun off of the whole bike.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
park in the shade:roll:

they have trees in the GREAT CITY of AUSTIN

·
Vendor
17,367 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sun reflector

I use the Kuryakyn silver half cover at work. Replects the nasty rays, protects the Diamond seat from sun rot and soaking up rain plus protects it from the goose bombs as the glide in to land on the pond next to the building.
Some times I think it is flying cows and geese that leave the deposits.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
When I am out on my Suzuki Vinson I just turn the seat over! If I'm on the goldwing I park in the shade!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Get a simple half cover and use it.

The sun is a killer, it turns black plastic gray. I cracks grips and makes tupperware brittle.

The sun kills anything left sit outside.

A half cover takes one minute to install and less than that to take of and just stuff it in the trunk.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Same here half cover, I have an o4 and it still looks new...and it do get hot here...

·
Registered
581 Posts
I to use the Tour King half cover when at work. Keeps the nasty UVs off all the trim.

If I am hopping off for a few minutes I will sit my helment on the seat.

·
Registered
559 Posts
When I'm out and about, I usually just drape an old beach towel over the seat to keep things relatively cool.

Has it been hot lately? :shrug:
I do the towel thing, too.
Hot? Nah. Extrememly warm, tho.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just a small dish or golf towel works fine...No reason to buy another cover....Alot of times I just sit my helmet in the seat.. depending on where I am at..

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I use this. It rolls up REALLY small, and reflects the sun, keeping my tush cool when the bike has to sit in the hot sun. Not a rain cover, but really light & small

http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/accessories.htm
last item in the list

It slips under the front of the seat, and covers the backrest and armrests. It has a couple of straps with Velcro that go to the rear crash bars and the passenger grips. Goes on & off in a couple of seconds.

=Dave=

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Put a cover over the seat, I always use a 1/2 cover on the bike when I parked at work.
Keep the sun off of the whole bike.
:thumbup::agree::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I to use the Tour King half cover when at work. Keeps the nasty UVs off all the trim.

If I am hopping off for a few minutes I will sit my helment on the seat.
I agree with what you say and as you also know and maybe the others aren't that familiar with it but the Tour King is the only 1/2 cover I know of that doesn't require the antenna to be folded over so makes it real simple to use. It also keeps me from having to put racket balls on my flag holders since they mount on the antenna and won't fold.

·
Registered
169 Posts
half cover i go through 1 every summer

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
I carry a soft large T SHIRT to throw on the windshield before putting on a half cover. Helps to prevent scratches

·
Registered
379 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts