GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other half was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma last year and after her chemo treatments she cant sit that long in the seat any longer. So far her scans have been clean praise god she has another this month.

She doesn't want to stop riding with me and wants to see new places. I bought a trailer to carry the wing to the destination then ride, I think this will be easier on her.

Do you guys know if hotels, motels will allow you to park in the parking lot for a couple of days? Or whats your experience with parking a trailer.

Thanks,

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have paid motels to let me leave vehicles there.
You might also be able to find someone on here or through the Goldwing Association that would let you park it on their place for free.

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
I once paid a hotel to allow me to park my Wing there for about a month. If I recall, I paid like $10/day. The owner was more then glad to get add'l income with no work involved to earn it.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
We've done multiday tours with tow vehicle and trailer left parked in hotel lot.

Stayed an night when we arrived, and a night when we left and were not charged to park for the 3 or 4 nights in between.

We have also stayed several nights at a hotel and shamrock toured from there. Of course tow vehicle and trailer were there for the duration. Have also done trips where we did shamrock loops from more than on hotel location.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Walmart parking lots, they are very liberal with trucks and trailers using there lots in such cases. Choose locations wisely...

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
I've gone to motels and told them that "I have a bike on a trailer and I'm planning on staying tonight and will be back in about a week or so and would be staying that night. Any problem parking truck/trailer over in corner of lot ?"

Have done that more times than I can remember and have never been turned down.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
As long as your staying at a hotel/motel a day or two and you plan to leave your vehicle a reasonable amount of time; you will find that most places will work with you. Not only that, a lot of the properties will make a point to look after your rig. A simple call ahead is usually all that it takes. Good luck and happy travels.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sorry about your wife. Good to hear she is able to ride with you.

Back to your question, there are also hotels that offer "Park and Fly" for those that want to stay one night, go on a trip and pick the car up a week later. Common around hub airports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts