GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planning a trip to the smokies in Oct from southwest Florida. Will trailer bike to somewhere in northeastern Georgia. Would rather park suv and trailer and ride from motel to motel for about five days, instead of having to return to the same motel each night.
Any ideas without my vehicle's getting towed away?

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Planning a trip to the smokies in Oct from southwest Florida. Will trailer bike to somewhere in northeastern Georgia. Would rather park suv and trailer and ride from motel to motel for about five days, instead of having to return to the same motel each night.
Any ideas without my vehicle's getting towed away?
We've used a (major chain) motel lot to park PU and trailer and do exactly the sort of ride you are describing.

Stayed at the motel the night we arrived, and after several days travelling and staying other locations, we spent another night at the motel where the rig was stored before departing.

For sure make arrangements with motel so that an acceptable location parking location can be used, and so they don't decide it needs to be towed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We've used a (major chain) motel lot to park PU and trailer and do exactly the sort of ride you are describing.

Stayed at the motel the night we arrived, and after several days travelling and staying other locations, we spent another night at the motel where the rig was stored before departing.

For sure make arrangements with motel so that an acceptable location parking location can be used, and so they don't decide it needs to be towed.

This, talk to the motel you are starting at, explain you will be coming back on the bike in 5 days, offer to pay a storage fee. I'd bet if you have reservations for the 5th night when you return the hotel would be fine with you leaving the SUV/Trailer there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have used RV parks several times, they are usually set up for this. Last time it was either 5 or 10 bucks per day, but very secure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts