GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at Americade last week, we noticed something at our motel.
While almost every hotel/motel we have ever stayed at, the management has always been more than okay with parking the bikes on the sidewalk "against" the front of your room...parallel to the building.

However, last week, we saw Many bikes at the other end of the motel, away from our group, parked with the front wheel against the room and the back of the bike at the edge or over the edge into the parking space alocated for the room. The parking spaces are all numbered for each room and are plenty large enough for two bikes and two trailers. The spaces sat empty all week.

We thought that it was "Very Inconsiderate" of the bike owners to do this because now...The cleaning crew, every morning and throughout the day travel back and forth on the 5 foot sidewalk to each of the rooms. They had to push and pull their carts, loaded with new towels, sheets etc...up and down the stepped curb into the parking lot and around a bike at almost every room. We asked the owner about this and he said that "Yes, it is a problem, though not all do it" and he would go to each room and ask them to move the bikes.

We don't think he did as nothing changed the whole week. I guess he figured not to make his guests mad and "bash" the motel's reputation to future guests. Or the guest's were that inconsiderate and did not care afterwards either.

We asked the cleaning staff about this and after looking around for the boss, told us that it is very difficult to get around the bikes and trailers parked that way. They could not say anything to the guest's as they would be fired for speaking of such.

IS THIS THE WAY US MOTORCYCLIST'S WANT TO BE PERCEIVED? :wrong:

The funny part of this, if there is one, is that everyone had "Full" covers on the bikes and trailers the entire week!..Under the covered overhang. My bike and trailer sat outside the whole 8 days and was only covered for the two nights they called for rain. Never had to wipe it down except for the pollen.

I don't think the cleaning crew should have to go through that much trouble to take care of us at "Any" place.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I agree, that is very inconsiderate and the cover part of your post makes it even worse.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
It looks bad.

And especially for motorcyclists who - as a group - have a bad reputation, looks matter.

We need to be doing it better than the other guys.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Totally against any states fire code. Management should have called the fire chief to ticket them AND tow them.

I am in the hotel business...22 years at a high level and I am going to tell you something that is going to send you into a red rage.

I have had people walk their bikes into their rooms. I have had people roll their bikes into the elevator and up to their room. I have had people that roll their bikes into the vestibule and leave them there. I have had people roll their bikes into the covered loading and unloading area in the back of a hotel preventing the food delivery.

99.9% were Harley or Custom bike owners with that attitude we have all experienced.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I cover my stuff unless the wind is really blowing thinking, "out of sight, out of mind" and I have a dry seat in the morning if riding back east.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Really O'Dailey ? I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you were just being sarcastic and not a total JERK. Other guests use those sidewalks too. Not just the staff

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think either way is inconsiderate! :nojoke:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I guess my first question on reading this is...

...who goes to Americade, and leaves their bikes parked & covered the entire week? :shrug:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Really O'Dailey ? I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you were just being sarcastic and not a total JERK. Other guests use those sidewalks too. Not just the staff
The lack of any sort of "smiley" icon pretty-well removes any doubt being extended. I'd be inclined to go with jerk. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You notified the owner of the hotel?..& He chose not to do nothing..Most likely because of $$$$$$$$$$$...& that is his right as it is your right not to stay there if you do not like it..

I do have a question did you say anything to the owners of the bike as they were the ones causing the problem?...

Was it inconsiderate ..Yes...But we all have rights to make choices..

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Normally when I am on the road, I will try to stay at "Biker Friendly" hotels, so if a m/c was parked on the sidewalk, I wouldn't be surprised.....but I have never seen it that I remember. Then again, I don't spend my life with my head on a swivel looking for what "that other brand owner" might be doing.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Ranks right up there with parking the bike in the white striped zone next to a handicapped parking spots.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Yes it does....but how many folks do you see doing that? ALOT, regardless of brand.
Funny you mention brand, I was going to post a pic of an Ultra I took a picture of doing the handicap parking thing but couldn't find it. :doorag:

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
The lack of any sort of "smiley" icon pretty-well removes any doubt being extended. I'd be inclined to go with jerk. :doorag:

Take it easy on O'Dailey afterall he is not a "Seasoned" member yet!!! He made some untoward remarks to me, I just chalked it up to "Naivete" He may not be "Smiley" proficient yet....

LOL

Matt(BCNV) :rolleyes:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
So you guys would tattle to the management or police on a Brother biker???

Oh my, whats the world comming to ??

What is next, you going to tattle on a bike going 100 through your grandkids school zone ??

Riding, or parking a bike assures no special shake in life, follow the rules.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Park the bike in the "cage" spot assigned /outside your room. Makes the most sense to anyone with common sense.
I don't get what any bike is gaining by parking on the sidewalk???
After the people that park the bike on the sidewalk,,,do they walk to the motel office out in the parking lot to be EXTRA cool?

take care,
BC

1 - 20 of 63 Posts