1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R

·
0 Posts
And not one bicyclist on the whole trip. How did you manage that. Their as thick as fleas down here.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
what a great way to start and end your day. You are fortunate!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
couldn't find a road with less traffic?:wrong:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What camera and mount do you use?

Its a Sony Cybershot I picked up in Key West.
the mount is one I made that fits on the Handle parts.
The Camera has the 1/4-20 Threaded hole in the bottom. The standard Cam mount. So everything you feel in the bars gets transmitted right to the camera. I have some more video of a Really fun road , But its so full of pot holes and patches I'm not sure Yall wanna see that one.
Tom

·
Registered
628 Posts
How fast were you going? Seemed to me in the range of 65 - 70. Great riding area.
Safe riding.

Rick

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How fast were you going? Seemed to me in the range of 65 - 70. Great riding area.
Safe riding.

Rick
Close
Bump it all up about 10. The two cars I past were only going in the 50s and the road is a 60 MPH one.
I typically take it around 65 to 70 on my ride to work. Thought I would spice it up a Bit for the video. The Wind was Terrible, So I was getting blown all over the place. Especially when I reach The ALCOA Mine
Turns out the Video shut off before I reached the end of the road. There was about 5 more Miles left.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Close
Bump it all up about 10. The two cars I past were only going in the 50s and the road is a 60 MPH one.
I typically take it around 65 to 70 on my ride to work. Thought I would spice it up a Bit for the video. The Wind was Terrible, So I was getting blown all over the place. Especially when I reach The ALCOA Mine
Turns out the Video shut off before I reached the end of the road. There was about 5 more Miles left.
"ALCOA Mine" I worked there for 18 yrs. What road are you riding? Anyway I'd show pictures of my 75 mile (oneway) ride to work but at 4 am all I get is darkness. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"ALCOA Mine" I worked there for 18 yrs. What road are you riding? Anyway I'd show pictures of my 75 mile (oneway) ride to work but at 4 am all I get is darkness. :shrug:
Thats FM 696. I usually ride it in the dark , But had to run to town to get some parts and took the video during the day. In the morning it looks about the same. Only darker and more Critters like Deer, Dogs, hogs, Raccoons, Possums etc.

Nice commute. Do you have to have a white pick-up to live there? Wish I could get out of my driveway. Too much snow still.
White Pickup? Mines a maroon Dodge Diesel. Does that work?;)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Amazing ride !

Most people see more cars in half a block than in your entire trip to and from work !!!
Do any people actually LIVE out there ? :tongue:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Dude !!
Awesome ride !!

How's that dirty white girl running after the last open heart ??

I think I counted 2 or 3 curves (well maybe not curves, but places where the road was less straight) !
You need to get back up here this summer. We'll show you a couple of places where we have straight sections !! :lol:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amazing ride !

Most people see more cars in half a block than in your entire trip to and from work !!!
Do any people actually LIVE out there ? :tongue:
There are three families out here.
Typically we take turns on that road.
I'm not sure who those two were I had to pass but the cop is working on it. LOL
That is only the first half of the ride. After that it goes down hill fast.
Going through Manor Texas I can sometimes walk faster than I can ride through it.

Dude !!
Awesome ride !!

How's that dirty white girl running after the last open heart ??

I think I counted 2 or 3 curves (well maybe not curves, but places where the road was less straight) !
You need to get back up here this summer. We'll show you a couple of places where we have straight sections !! :lol:
I always thought it was kinda twisty , till I decided to video is. Then I was thinkin, Hmmm Where are all the curves. There is pretty much no place on the whole ride that you can't do 70 mph. so I guess to Colorado standards its a Road used to get to a Good road. LOL
DWG is doing good. Still dirty but staying together and quiet so far. 4000 miles. :d

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
And not one bicyclist on the whole trip. How did you manage that. Their as thick as fleas down here.
Funny you mention bicyclists. Down here, they take up the entire lane when they ride. I thought bicycles are supposed to be riden single file and to the right side of the road..

One day near my house a whole group of bicyclists (tour de Francers :roll:) pulled up to the traffic light next to me and one of them said to his buddies, "I think I'll get one of these for my next bike" I was on my VTX and looked over and replied " Yeah but you can't wear that Gay A$$ outfit on one of these" The light changed and I drove off. :lol::lol::lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts