GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Taxxion springs are in. Took me about three leasure hours end-to-end.
Relatively easy job, but in hindsight I should have worn latex gloves. Man, the old oil stinks. Yuck. Now my keybord stinks too :-:)-:)-(
But the ride is sweet now, plain and simple. My ADV was disabled before the change which was a good thing in a sense, but the front end was ever so mushy..... upon harder application of front brake, the front end would bottom out with an audible "clunk".
Not anymore. I went (deliberately :cool:) over well known to me potholes and speedbumps on my way home, no problem. The front feels nice and tight, no more hesitation and those idiotic "dead spaghetti rollovers" (have I just invented a technical term?).
Anyway, kudos to Traxxion people, that was best $120 bucks spend on the bike so far. I can only imagine what the full monty does to GW.

·
Registered
19,457 Posts
Go the Traxxion brace and ALL BALLS BEARINGS next for a tighter low speed feeling

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go the Traxxion brace and ALL BALLS BEARINGS next for a tighter low speed feeling
Got them already; I bought the bike with All Balls installed so I don't know how was it with stock bearings....?? and I added Superbrace, but havent seen any noticeable improvement. Mind, I'm a lousy rider so my opinion isn't really valid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts