GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of big bike parts passenger arm rests and it looks like the passenger audio control want let me install them.

Any experience with this? thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
You got the wrong ones
get these, I did and the wife likes them very much
Rivco GL1800 Triple Chrome-Plated Adjustable Passenger Armrests

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was going to buy a set of those too, but I've seen used sets for sale on eBay and some of the sellers say they will not mount on bikes with Honda OEM passenger audio or seat heater controls, without relocating those controls...which was why one of them was selling.

I ended up getting a set of OEM armrests (mount on top of the rear speaker housings). Took about 3-hrs. to install, but they are heavy-duty, my passengers like them and they are very unobtrusive.

·
Vendor
17,793 Posts
I was going to buy a set of those too, but I've seen used sets for sale on eBay and some of the sellers say they will not mount on bikes with Honda OEM passenger audio or seat heater controls, without relocating those controls...which was why one of them was selling.

I ended up getting a set of OEM armrests (mount on top of the rear speaker housings). Took about 3-hrs. to install, but they are heavy-duty, my passengers like them and they are very unobtrusive.
My last choice for anything on my Wing is aftermarket and I too have the OEM ones. I installed them for a long trip when I was going to be riding 2up. Since then, they are rarely used and everyone likes them. Plus you don't have to annoyingly push them out/in to use the trunk/

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well at least they can be used for scrap. lol

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I can't speak to how they fit with the passenger volume control but I know my Big Bike armrests work just fine with the passenger heat control. I think the earlier versions did not so that maybe your problem.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Installed the Hondaline passenger armrests on the 2012 when I had the bike apart for CB antenna, luggage rack and risers, and a bunch of other stuff. To me, the armrests were a pain to install, but with that strong support brace, you can practically stand up on them. I do like the look of them much more than the swing out type though. (man, I drilled so many holes in that trunk that day!)...

J.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts