GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miles that is....

Grape Ape will be 2 years old first of March.

Trying to get her to 36,ooo by then.

16 when I left home this morning. Left her home.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
WOW Chef, you really ride a lot that mileage is impressive. Up here in Chicago we are stranded in some very cold months and can't wait for the weather to break. Tony :?

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Chef you have the ultimate bike,live in one of the ultimate areas and have a great job! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had 60,000 on my '01 just one month before her 3rd birthday when I traded it in.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Maverick

Do you ride it to work ? That's incredible milage in 20 months. You're the man. :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Retired after my wife passed away in '02 and now I ride all over the place. Actually the bike is 22 months old (not 20) bought it Aug. 15, 2002. Did all 48 states last year in 60 days and 21,000 miles. Will be in Grapevine in July; Northern CA in August; Tahoe 1st week of Sept; CO 2nd week of Sept; AZ in Oct; and back up to Northern CA in Nov. Should have well over 100K before Xmas. Great bike to ride, just keep changing oil and tires.
:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey Chef...hate to bust your bubble but i met a guy in Alamogordo who had a bike like yours an 02 with 116k miles on it...waiting for his 05...and he isn't retired. i talked with him and he and a buddy just take off on weekends and ride...the weekend before he and his friend rode to Dodge City, Kansas and spent the nite and came back in a weekend....left sat morning...now thats riding!....too much for me......

bruce aka 'the blue trawler'

:blw1:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Gee, I was feeling pretty good until I saw some of these posts! :roll:

My '03 just rolled over 10,000 last Saturday. I've had it since Jan. 03. Since I'm busy most weekends, I thought I was doing pretty well, considering....

·
Registered
736 Posts
With 3900 miles my 03 that boy is not even started to be broken in yet. FredH has your buddy have any work done to the engine or any major problems ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Got my 03 in March of last year, I have 23,800 on it now and leaving for a 4500 mile trip on monday. Will also probably do an additional 2 more long road trips before September.

Rich

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Richl said:
Got my 03 in March of last year, I have 23,800 on it now and leaving for a 4500 mile trip on monday. Will also probably do an additional 2 more long road trips before September.
Rich, that's fantastic, especially considering where you live! I guess no one can accuse you of being a fair weather rider!
Ride safely out there, and have a great trip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts