GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS BOARD FOR QUITE A WHILE THIS IS MY FIRST POST, I HAVE A 04 1800 AND I AM TRYING TO LOCATE THE PASSENGER TALK BUTTON CONNECTOR, I PURCHASE THE HONDALINE VOLUME-PTT BUTTON AND I AM UNABLE TO LOCATE THE CONNECTOR, THANKS IN ADVANCE :wink:

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
I just removed one and I thought it was in one of the large blk boots under the seat behind the relays. Follow the headset cord for the pass.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
As Red said, under the seat there is a black boot and in it is a white 2 wire connecter, that be it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for the info but I'm still unable to locate the connector, I am not sure where it is. I have trace that part of the loom up the right side where it goes under the shelter cover. Next question is .. where does the
passenge ptt loom start and I am thinking when the CB was installed maybe the loom was not done correctly. Thanks again, WINGER1800 :?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Passenger PTT

When I put my Show Chrome unit on (06 Navi) the plug you are looking was tucked up in a boot in the center of the bike. I think it was the only connector in there that would match up. I hope this helps. Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still can't locate it, its a 2 pin connector, does it come from the factory installed or should it have been installed when the CB was installed? :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:oops: Thanks for the help, after going to my trusted wing tech he explained to me as to the location of the connector, (the same as you guys have) I informed him that that is where you guys had told me it was and that I guess the bike was misbuilt because it is not there. Well guess what its there, left side of cross menber buried down in bottom of boot, :D THANKS AGAIN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts