GL1800Riders Forums banner

Passenger Armrests

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  IBTrike 
#1 ·
I got my wife on the new Wing for the first time yesterday. It was her very first time on a motorcycle ever. She loved it, but wants armrests. I would prefer something that mounts under the passenger handles on the seat but Khrome Werks won't work with the comfort package. I don't have a CB radio antenna, and I would also prefer NOT to drill if possible.

Is there a set of passenger armrests that mount under the seat rails that will also work with tne comfort package?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Try Big Bike Parts armrests. We have them and she likes them a lot.I don't know about the comfort package issue but I'm sure Hal could set you straight.

#4 ·
Plastic washers breaking

I like the Big Bike arm rests except the plastic washers they provide as spacers keep breaking. When the pieces come out the arms flop around. I have tried to contact Big Bike by E-mail and no luck yet. I am using metal washers now, but they don't provide much control with the tension of swinging the arms in and out.

#5 ·
The Big Bike one's for us too. The do get finicky with the washers and tightening them properly. My wife likes them because they keep her more secure when she naps and support her arms when she reads.

#6 ·
The big bike armrests work well, although we all seem to have the plastic washer problem. I have made up at least 3 replacement washers/shims in the past couple of years ... they wear quickly under usage (as demonstrated by the fact that right side is original - she gets on the left - while the right side is on the 4th washer/shim.)
That said, this was the only solution for me as I was not going to subject the trunk to 'leaning on the armrest' stress!

#7 ·
kg5ie said:
I got my wife on the new Wing for the first time yesterday. It was her very first time on a motorcycle ever. She loved it, but wants armrests. I would prefer something that mounts under the passenger handles on the seat but Khrome Werks won't work with the comfort package. I don't have a CB radio antenna, and I would also prefer NOT to drill if possible.

Is there a set of passenger armrests that mount under the seat rails that will also work with tne comfort package?

Thanks,
Check Krome Werks website again or send their customer service and email...they now have armrests available for the 06 comfort pkg. The following is a quote from an email response I received when I asked for the correct part number:

Passenger Armrests for GL1800 with Comfort Package KW 266735
======================================

Khrome Werks
div. D.S. Manufacturing, Inc.
ph. 952-758-9523 fax 952-758-9524

G
#8 ·
Big Bike (AddOn) armrests for us. No need to swing them out to open trunk, and they can't wreck or crack your trunk in the event of a tipover or wreck like Kury, Hondaline. and others can do that bolt to the trunk plastic.

As for the plastic washer wearing out, I fixed that by replacing them with plain stainless flat washers. Just tighten the mount bolts to a comfortable tension, and forget them. Works fine. I don't know why they use those stupid plastic washers.

Ride safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.