GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
As I start to set up my new '18 'Wing can someone please explain if there's a need for me to install Honda's accessory Passenger Audio Switch and/or the Passenger Push-to-Talk Switch, if I and my passenger will each be using our own iPhones and Sena SRL headsets to listen to our own music and talk to each other?
(I won't be adding a CB to the bike :wink2:)

Thanks for your help! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Simple answer is NO! This control just gives your passenger the ability to control the radio unit from the back. It is not an independent control just for the passenger. It control the main unit.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Passenger can pair their own phone to their headset and be independent from the bike, while maintaining headset to headset intercom.

This will be similar to how using headsets for bike to bike works.
Each connected to their own individual audio sources but intercoms connected to each other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have to push any buttons on the headset to talk to your passenger? or is it voice activated...don't want to take hands off grips ....newbie here and a lot to learn all this new technology....

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Do you have to push any buttons on the headset to talk to your passenger? or is it voice activated...don't want to take hands off grips ....newbie here and a lot to learn all this new technology....
It will depend on capabilities and settings of the headsets.

The bike is not involved in the intercom function.

Many (most?), at least newer models, will have voice activation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts