GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best passenger audio controller. I am tired of hearing that wind noise. There is one listed on ebay that has a mic cut off switch that appear to be home made. I would appreciate and welcome all comments. Thanks, Bobby

·
Registered
467 Posts
We have been using the J&M controller but understand that this only controls the passenger mike. Been thinking about the mike mutes to be able to control both.

B

·
0 Posts
I had the Honda brand passenger audio controller and it worked OK, but was way overpriced in my opinion and was always a pain to remove the seat grab rails as I took off the seat.

I just put the J and M on my new 09. Very substantial piece of equipment. I am taking my bride out for her first ride this weekend, so I will get an idea of how good it is.

I have not installed the mic mutes on this bike, but had them on the other bike and they were great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If the one on EBay is from a guy called smoman, then I HIGHLY recommend it. I have one and it works GREAT. If I recall, his first name was Harold. Black plastic box, knob, two switches.

Never had any trouble at all with mine.

Other than that, I cannot describe it any better at the moment.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If the one on ebay is a square box and costs about $59 It works like the rest. Problem with it is that the electrical connection is too short. It shows it squeezed between the back cushion and the little box under the rear speaker area. It is a bear for the passenger to get too while riding. If you have arm rests email seller and have him add about 2 ft. of electrical cord so you can install under the passenger arm rests. then just the mike mutes for total control. I think by it's self it will do nothing about wind noise for the passenger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts