GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a trip in the Smokey's with my son and somehow the backrest for him came loose from both of those clips. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them back on w/o breaking them ( and costing me more $$$ ). Searched the forum first but couldn't find any posts. I'm sure they're their but need an assist on this.
Gotta love riding Tail of the Dragon everyday for a week. We sure don't have any roads like this in Dallas.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
There are two screws in the trunk that hold it on. Remove them and slide back into position.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Yes, remove 2 phillips head screws from inside the trunk lid. Raise the back rest up-slide it back down into position, engaging the mounting ears-reinstall the 2 screws.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Good advice on the 2 screws, etc; but the bigger question is, how did it dislocate in the 1st place? Removed previously, but backrest pad not properly installed, or not installed properly from factory, or ?????

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Good advice on the 2 screws, etc; but the bigger question is, how did it dislocate in the 1st place? Removed previously, but backrest pad not properly installed, or not installed properly from factory, or ?????
That was my guess... but, there seems to be a kid involved... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts