GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find passenger floorboard risers for a 2008 GL1800? My wife has short legs and is not comfortable with the stock floorboard height.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Check out Kury transformers,my wife is 5' even and she loves hers she has had on the last 3 Wings. Maybe a little pricey but sometimes they come up on for sale board.

Billy

Reactions: kwthom

·
Registered
522 Posts

Add-On and/or Rivco made a set with multiple settings, which I've had for 15 years. I can not find it online, so perhaps they no longer make it.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Add-On and/or Rivco made a set with multiple settings, which I've had for 15 years. I can not find it online, so perhaps they no longer make it.
[/QUOTE]

I have a set of these. If interest PM me and we can discuss it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
These are my recommendation as the bar is on the inside instead of outside the footboard. There have been reports of broken legs being trapped behind the bar when falling over.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check out Kury transformers,my wife is 5' even and she loves hers she has had on the last 3 Wings. Maybe a little pricey but sometimes they come up on for sale board.

Billy
+1 on this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
One thing to think about is that if you raise the floor boards to make her legs more confortable while riding it makes it higher & harder to get on. We had this problem a few years back . I finally kept moving them untill she was at a happy medium. We now have the Rivco risers and Kury Transformer boards and she is happy with that .

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Another vote for the Transformers. Mrs Wahoo is 5’2” and loves them. Not cheap, but if she’s happy back there, it’s worth it. 👍

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I had a set on my 2002 and wife love'd them...........Not on my 2010 (wife doesn't ride)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Here are some pics of the set up I put on my 2013, the wife loves them.
I am not sure if these particular parts are available from the manufacturers any more.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
I'll point out this thread from a couple of years ago on the Kuryakyn Transformer recall from a few years ago...in the event you're looking at used models.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I was looking for passenger peg risers? I had zero luck, not to mention the offerings were crazy expensive! So I had a friend fab these up for us. Roughly 4" up, 1.5" back. Work fantastic, and only cost 75 bucks! ( including powder coat) Wife loves them, and they look completely stock. Just a thought....

Best wishes Jon

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts