GL1800Riders Forums banner

Passenger floorboard "risers"?

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
The floorboards on our new 2012 wing are too low. My wife's feet just barely touch the boards, so the weight of her legs , feet, shoes, etc. just hang from the seat, with the side of the seat cutting off the circulation to her legs. Very uncomfortable. Is there a product on the market to raise the level of the boards? I've seen cruise pegs, and the Kuryakin Transformer boards with the integrated cruise pegs, but that places the foot forward, and doesn't raise the level of the board. I suppose if there were something like a 2X4 block attached somehow, it would work, but would be pretty ugly.....and the board wouldn't fold up.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ron

#2 ·
I actually know a guy that attached stained blocks of wood to the floorboards for his wife, it looked pretty good.

That being said, I accomplish the same thing with transformer boards, they have built in highway pegs which work really well for Alicia. She's 4'9".

#4 ·
Yes there is. My short legged wife had the same problem and I installed these when I first got the Wing. They are adjustable when you mount them so you can get pretty much a custom fit. I wish I could tell you who makes them, etc but, unfortunately I have forgotten who makes them or where I got them as it has been over 5 years ago. I'm sure searching some of the aftermarket suppliers will yeild results. Sorry I could not be of more help but, at least you know they exist and..work pretty well.

#7 ·
#9 ·
The only problem I have had with the Kurys is the rubber strips coming loose and getting lost. (They sell spares)

Started using Epoxy instead of Grip Adheasive & solved the problem.

If you check them occasionally and find that they are starting to come loose, you can peel them up and re-glue (Epoxy) them back down.

Otherwise, my wife likes them, and they look good.

#11 ·
My wife is short also and complained she couldn't reach the foot boards. I bought a pair of relocater plates and they work fine, but it is a bit-h to remove & reinstall the side panels. Daughters SO plied up some black hard foam about 2 1/2" the shape of the passenger foot board and put velco fasteners (hidden) to hold them in place. I also have tranformer boards and they will function with this installed. Wife and I are both happy and they can easily be removed and re-installed. :thumbup:

#17 ·
I've got a set of the Rivco risers that I don't use. Bought them but never used them. PM me and I'll sell them to you for $60 and I'll pay postage.:yes1:
Are they these? If so, I'll take them

#18 ·
The Rivco Risers work really well, had a pair for my son when he was younger. Once he outgrew them I passed them on to Clarkster for No-Pee MaGee. Far as I know they're still using them.

#19 ·
I have both, the mentioned, adjustable risers,and the transformer boards. this gives her the rise, so she can use the flat part of the boards comfortably. then the transformer part gives her some "highway pegs" to boot. No complaints through the intercom. My wife is 4'11" also...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.