GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make some type of foot pegs/floor boards for the passenger, that are height adjustable? Mama is complaining that she can't move her feet on long rides. I did some searching but didn't find any type of movable foot pegs for the rear rider.

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks. Do you have them on your your bike and which would you recommend?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had the Kuryakyns on my 2001, I havent installed any on my 2003 yet but I will be doing that to keep mama happy. I am thinking seriously about going to the wingleader style this time, 2 reasons 1. Economics 2. I have read a few posts from wingleader users and they had nothing negative to report.

good luck with your choice

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kinda looks like the Kury's allow the rear rider to lower their legs instead of raising them up higher? My ol lady has long legs so I'm not sure which would be best.

How did you like the Kury's on your older bike?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dont think either one will actually let you feel like your legs are lower. Looking at the pics it seems that both bring your feet up and forward as well. It does appear from the pics that the Kury is further forward than the wingleader. If your wife has long legs perhaps that would be the way to go.
The Kurys worked well on my 2001 but I would call my wifes legs average in length. I think I will be ok with the wingleader. If I am wrong you will see an ad in the classified section.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the Kury transformer boards for mama and she says they are the single most important thing I have added to the bike to improve her comfort. It is not necessarily moving her feet up or down, just that it gives her another position for her feet and knees. She's happy so I'm happy. :wink:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
pawpawfrank said:
I have the Kury transformer boards for mama and she says they are the single most important thing I have added to the bike to improve her comfort. It is not necessarily moving her feet up or down, just that it gives her another position for her feet and knees. She's happy so I'm happy. :wink:
Yep ! Same with my wife, the kury's allow her a differant foot position and also stretch out some. She has also just layed the backs of her feet on top of them when there in the up position. She really like them........ :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I looked at both the Kury's and Wing Leaders. I chose the Wing Leaders and have not regretted it. The Wing Leaders allow you to keep the OEM floorboards which I preferred because I think they look far better than the Kury's. The fit and finish on the Wing Leaders is top notch. They look like they came on the bike from the factory. My wife loves them also.

You will most likely be happy with whichever ones you choose. Those that have the Kury's love them as much I as do the Wing Leaders as you can see in the posts. Some folks have had problems with the rubber inserts coming off the Kury's but it sounds like Kury stands behind them. I have had no problems of this or any other kind with Wing Leaders.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I can only speak to the Kury boards since that is what we have. My wife is about 5-10 with long legs. She likes them a lot. And like has already been said, if mama's happy, everybody's happy.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Wife is 5'2" and short legged. We have had both and she prefers the Wingleaders. I like the safety factor of the bar being on the inside. If she had the bar raised on the Kury and her feet were on the board her foot could be caught in an emergency.

G

·
It looks like the Wingleaders would interfere with folding up the floorboards. Do they, or can you fold them up the same as without them?

·
Registered
224 Posts
JMATANDEM said:
It looks like the Wingleaders would interfere with folding up the floorboards. Do they, or can you fold them up the same as without them?
Jeff,

They do not interfere with the floorboards in any way. I really like the way they are mounted inboard (between the floor board and the bike) and they fold all the way down (backwards and flush with the floor boards) when not in use. Like I said earlier, they look like they came on the bike from the factory. "Try em, you'll like em."

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
One other difference. The Kurys attach from the outside of the board and have the peg pointing to the inside. The Wingleaders arm is on the inside of the board and the peg points to the outside. For some, the Wingleader allows greater flexibility to place the feet, or the Kury's may inhibit pointing your foot to the outside.

I have the Kury's and no complaints but a female rider pointed out this difference to me. She has the Wingleader style.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
DASimle said:
I dont think either one will actually let you feel like your legs are lower. Looking at the pics it seems that both bring your feet up and forward as well. It does appear from the pics that the Kury is further forward than the wingleader. If your wife has long legs perhaps that would be the way to go.
The Kurys worked well on my 2001 but I would call my wifes legs average in length. I think I will be ok with the wingleader. If I am wrong you will see an ad in the classified section.

When you get them in and installed could you pay some attention on how much if any they move the rear foot platform out. I have the same problem with wife on long ride but have a trike that is Extremely limited on space in that area, as in almost none. Sure would like to know things like this before ordering. Thanks

·
Registered
756 Posts
Kury transformer Boards and extra risers from Rivco. My SO is almost 5ft and happy with them. Which makes me content. :lol:
Not sure if Rivco even makes the risers anymore.

·
Registered
386 Posts
For those that have the Wingleaders, how difficult is it to maneuver them when you are moving? It looks like it would be hard to fold them out when you are on the bike.

I think I would prefer them over the Kuryakyns but I'm curious as whether folding them out while moving is a problem.

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts