GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and could not find any answers. Here goes:

What are ideas to protect the left saddlebag from the dangling passenger intercom cable?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I use a black plastic wire tie to secure it to the pax grab handle.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'll check them out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I gouged a hole out in the seat foam and ran it up through the hole where the rider backrest is mounted and it makes it easier for the passenger to deal with and it doesn't do any damage.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
simple fix, takes less than 5 seconds.

1. spread the gap between the passenger backrest and speaker pod with hand

2. move straight section of cable into the gap and push cable all the way to the back.

3. the coiled section should be just above the top of the trunk lid.

When not in use, unplug upper connection and tuck cable behind seat's "butt pad". Cable will fall into place -perfectly without any damage to bike. Ever.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It seems like no matter how I try, the cord seems to find the saddlebag. My wife picked up a sheet of clear static cling vinyl. She cut a 2 -3 inch piece and put it on the bag. No more rubbing and it stays put until I ( um, she ) takes it off to clean the bike. :grin:Then it's reinstalled.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
1 - Leave passenger home.

2 - Tell passenger that cord fell off somewhere.

3 - Tell passenger that this headset only works with Morse code anyway.

4 - Tell passenger that all rear cords have been recalled by Honda.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hide the cable

:thumbup: If you have a backrest, route the passenger cable thru the backrest hole in the seat. On a Utopia backrest you can then keep the headset cable in the pouch on the back of the backrest. Clean setup and out of the weather.:p

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
1 - Leave passenger home.

2 - Tell passenger that cord fell off somewhere.

3 - Tell passenger that this headset only works with Morse code anyway.

4 - Tell passenger that all rear cords have been recalled by Honda.
And in my case, get a knot on the head!!!!:eek:4:

I use the wire tie method...works for me

·
Registered
747 Posts
:thumbup: If you have a backrest, route the passenger cable thru the backrest hole in the seat. On a Utopia backrest you can then keep the headset cable in the pouch on the back of the backrest. Clean setup and out of the weather.:p
Never thought of that....great idea....works for me..:agree:

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can also try one of two things. Actually both of these worked for me. You can cut the top off the holder that is attached to the left rear box, so you can plug the headset cord into the top like the front driver's holder. Or you can replace the rear holder with a new front one. You can now leave the cords in the holder like the front one and they won't dangle on your saddlebag.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never thought of that....great idea....works for me..:agree:
routed an extension lead up to the back rest pouch,easy to find and kept dry, works a wonder for me.:yes1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts