GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found something they like. I installed the goldstrike passenger pegs and they do nothing to stretch the passenger legs out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
looks like it just raises legs to me

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Kuryakyn 7016 Passenger Cruisepegs, according to Mary, were the absolute best accessory I ever put on our 'Wings for her long distance riding comfort. So far, nobody has anything even close for the 2018. The designers -- bless their hearts (y'all from down South know what that means...) -- made it a tad challenging for anyone without access to a three axis CNC milling machine to fabricate similar mounts that would fit the attachments points for the '18 Wing's passenger foot rests. What's out there now seems to work much like the Kury Transformers -- pushes the passenger's feet up, causing the angle of the kneebend to be more acute. Not good.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
WELL SOMEONE "LEND" ME THERE 2018/19 FOR COUPLE MONTHS AND "I'M SURE" CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING! :wink2::laugh: SURE IN TIME SOMEONE WILL MAKE

·
Registered
178 Posts
I use the Rivco flip out pegs on my ‘18 Tour. Very comfortable and 3 positions. FWIW I also installed Harry’s Heli Risers. BIG improvement. Together they made a big difference in comfort. Now I just need to fix that terrible seat.

Oops! Passenger pegs. Never mind.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
I too would like a pair for my co-rider

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've installed the goldstrikes and the jury is still out. I "adjusted" them to they were down and at about the same level as the rider (not passenger) pegs. My wife can stretch her legs down when my legs are out on my highway pegs. However, if I had my druthers, the "arms" of the passenger pegs would be about 1/2 as long and they would be machined a lot differently so that they could sit below the level of the passenger boards a lot closer to where the rider highway pegs attach to the bike.

Not sure if any of that made sense, but I can take a few pictures if anyone wants.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm also not happy with the Gold Strike passenger highway pegs. They stick out way too far from the bike and are forever catching the back of my legs / knees. As soon as someone puts something on the market similar to what I had on my 2010, I'll be happy to send them my money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually had the goldstrike passenger pegs cut as short as possible and welded back together. A big improvement she thought BUT nothing like the kury passenger flip down pegs. Like the post above the goldstrike are machined to the wrong angles they need to flip up and down not forward and back
Cutting them down did help a bunch

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've installed the goldstrikes and the jury is still out. I "adjusted" them to they were down and at about the same level as the rider (not passenger) pegs. My wife can stretch her legs down when my legs are out on my highway pegs. However, if I had my druthers, the "arms" of the passenger pegs would be about 1/2 as long and they would be machined a lot differently so that they could sit below the level of the passenger boards a lot closer to where the rider highway pegs attach to the bike.

Not sure if any of that made sense, but I can take a few pictures if anyone wants.
Hey JackFlack, I would like to see a pic or two showing how you have your passenger pegs adjusted..

Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey JackFlack, I would like to see a pic or two showing how you have your passenger pegs adjusted..

Thanks!
Here they are. Not my normal riding attire, but you can see where my foot is with respect to the pegs. They don't bother me, but they would be so much better if the "arm" on them was about half as long. It would move the peg higher for my wife and move it away from my feet a bit. My wife has long legs so she has no problem reaching, but it would be a much better design if they could be adjusted higher.

The way they are they don't bother me when I ride, but the design is not as good as it could be. We've tried them in almost all the positions and this is the best for us. The rest of the positions are basically useless as far as we are concerned. So much so that before we found this position, we were going to send them back.

With them in this position, the left side gets close to the kick stand, so you have to learn to reach back and lower it by the footpad instead of the thing in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here they are. Not my normal riding attire, but you can see where my foot is with respect to the pegs. They don't bother me, but they would be so much better if the "arm" on them was about half as long. It would move the peg higher for my wife and move it away from my feet a bit. My wife has long legs so she has no problem reaching, but it would be a much better design if they could be adjusted higher.

The way they are they don't bother me when I ride, but the design is not as good as it could be. We've tried them in almost all the positions and this is the best for us. The rest of the positions are basically useless as far as we are concerned. So much so that before we found this position, we were going to send them back.

With them in this position, the left side gets close to the kick stand, so you have to learn to reach back and lower it by the footpad instead of the thing in the middle.
Thanks JackFlack !!!

Reactions: Max McAllister

·
Registered
376 Posts
HA! I never thought to point them down, even Goldstrike shows them pointed up on their site.... they come with absolutely no instructions.
And what makes things even more confusing is that the way the parts are machined, there are some geometries that are simply impossible to get. The long arm ties into the bike and can rotate 360 degrees. So far so good. However the part that ties the end of the long arm into the footpeg (call it the short arm) cannot rotate relative to the long arm 360 degrees. This short arm rotation angle determines how the footage folds against the bike. So trying to find a combination of long arm rotation angle, short arm rotation angle, and footpeg rotation angle that works is not an easy thing.

The very first attempt I made had the footpegs folding the wrong way so they collapsed when my wife rested her foot on them. Let's just say that although the look like they have a lot of adjustability and flexibility, if I had known how everything fit together and the limitations on relative rotation between the parts, I would not have purchased them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts