GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short of nailing a couple of two by fours on, can anyone recommend passenger foot pegs/foot rests for the 2001?

Have you made adapters to raise the stock passenger foot rests?

Apparently my better half is having to tiptoe a bit, not able to fully rest her feet on the foot rests.

Hmmm, I may just put some two by fours on their temporarily to see how high I need to go.

I did buy some fancy pants aluminum ones off of this forum but unfortunately they did not fit the 2001.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I see Rivco makes some adjustable passenger floorboards, but they're quite pricey. I thought at one time I had seen some extensions, but can't find them now. Good luck in your search, it may be time to put that inventors cap on and make a buck or two.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
We have the Rivco on our trike. Had Kury passenger pegs on the '09. Wife liked the Kury's, however they won''t fit on a Hannigan trike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I think I will try these

Show Chrome Accessories Passenger Floorboard Risers 52-693

from the link Dan45t provided.

Inexpensive "hopeful" solution.

Edit 20 minutes later...Crap, noone seems to have these in stock. Summit says ship date 6/14 if ordered today. Seems strange in todays Amazon Prime world of order and have in one or two days.

Edit 2 ordered on Amazon (not Prime) paid a little more but hopefully will have before the end of the month.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You might try an eBay search for that part number. That's where I found mine, an eBay post from a small independent motor sports store.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So my search only turned up the summit racing and a wingstuff ad that says no longer available.
Another option would be find a talented fabricator to make a set for you. Maybe powder coat them to match your bike, or a dark grey to match the covers ?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I used the Show Chrome on my 2005. They worked great to raise my ladies feet so that her thighs were level when riding.
Here in So. Calif. they held up fine, as far as rust. But others have reported rust through the chrome after a few years. I powder coated mine Black to match the Grey - Black color of my new 2016. They are great!

Having said all this.... RIVCO has the best quality in my opinion.

Corventure Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grrrr. Ordered Show Chrome 52-693 (sold by Longhorn Moto?)on Amazon and just checked. The order was cancelled by the seller.

WTF, nobody has these things in stock.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Here are a couple of suggestions,
Try this link to Add-on, https://addonaccessories.net/footrests/1800-passenger-floorboard-risers.html

I am not sure if this guy is still in business or not but back in 2014 I bought a set of Big Bike Parts passenger board risers (Part number 52-693) from him, they worked great. I do n ot see them on the Big Bike Parts web site but he if still in business may have some old stock. His website is no longer active, so this may be a blind rabbit hole. His contact info is below.

Daves' Cycle Supply
2104 Dillion Ct
Valrico, FL 33596
813-685-3753
866-685-3753 (toll Free)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Kurakyn transformers work very well but, are very pricey...
I see Rivco makes some adjustable passenger floorboards, but they're quite pricey...
Have to admit you guys throw me off sometimes with these statements... for a group of guys that will spend $25,000 on a motorcycle, spend $3000 on Traxxon upgrades, $1000 on an aftermarket seat, $3000 on a trailer, $60 on Amsoil, $600 on a Shoei helmet.......... and $300 on some aftermarket floorboards is pricey?:shrug:

·
Administrator
4,587 Posts
Not everyone Doc. Paid $13K for a used 1800, $325 for Progressive Monotubes, same 'ole OEM seat, $250 helmet (on sale), & $800 for the trailer. Oh yea, wood blocks for the niece >:)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I try to avoid spending other peoples money. I'm on a budget, so I try and view cost through my eyes. My Wing was $7000 and came with the boards and back rest, added Progressive springs front and rear plus an upgrade to the preload system for about $300, another $200 in risers and ROF on the front, then of course tires, one Pirelli P1 and a 709. I like nice things, just can't afford as nice as I would like. Not complainin', just splainin' :grin2:

I'm still waiting on that lottery win. :wink2:

Reactions: Destindoc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the rivco risers at chromeworld so called to see if they actually had them in stock. All four of their telephone options I was unable to connect to a human. Something about if you placed an amazon order go to amazon to resolve your issue. Sometimes I hate the "new" world. I called rivco and the gal looked up the part number and said those are discontinued. The other ones from a link provided for addon that are just non-adjustable locks are out of stock. I guess I'll have to make something.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Have you tried posting what you're looking for on the Want To Buy section of the forum? Somebody may have a set just gathering dust in their garage.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I like the rivco risers at chromeworld so called to see if they actually had them in stock. All four of their telephone options I was unable to connect to a human. Something about if you placed an amazon order go to amazon to resolve your issue. Sometimes I hate the "new" world. I called rivco and the gal looked up the part number and said those are discontinued. The other ones from a link provided for addon that are just non-adjustable locks are out of stock. I guess I'll have to make something.
While you were talking to Add-On did you ask about the adjustable foot pegs? , https://addonaccessories.net/footrests/gl1800-adjustable-passenger-pegs.html, those could be an interim option until you find a permanent solution, I actually installed both risers and adjustable pegs for my wife she likes both.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,374 Posts
I’m cheap, I’d just tie some boards on the bottom of my wife’s shoes! She doesn’t ride with me often enough to justify the cost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts