GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the old classifieds disappeared, I saw an add for PTT switches for the passenger. Does anyone know where I can locate something like this?
The add said it was "plug-n-play" Any help is appreciated. My new black cherry wing is due in this week and I'm getting antsy to start doing things to it!
John

·
Registered
264 Posts
Here's one option John. I know the person who owns Mic-mutes does frequent this board. There are others, I have one that is PTT and volume control combined, from a gentleman in Califirnia. I won't however, offer any feedback yet. I have not installed or used it due to the winter weather. I did get favorable reviews from a couple of other riders, so that's why I bought the one I have. Send me an e-mail if you want pictures and contact info. for it.

http://www.mic-mutes.com/

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
John.

Send Gary & Mikey (from this board) a PM. Gary is offering a great price to board members and the PTT is very nice. I have installed two of them, and it is all plug and play. I believe he guarantees the switch for 5 years +.

Bulldog

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ordered mine from Gary and Mikey over the week end. Sent my check today and awaiting arrival of PTT button. Thanks Bulldog for putting me on this great deal.
Starwing :D :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
It's such a nice set-up, we here at ChrisCo decided to carry it also.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My Ptt switch is on the way also, The work projects are building, come on spring ! :yes2:

J

·
0 Posts
Clean and Ergonomic

Gary's is the Cleanist install I have seen. Virtually invisible. Yet it puts the switch where its most convenient for the passenger to reach.
-joe

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I also ordered mine from Gary. Got it real fast and am now waiting for a warm day for the install along with about six other items. It looks real good and functional. It was great dealing with Gary.

·
Registered
130 Posts
PTT Switch

Ok. Did I miss who is Gary & Mikey are and thier e-mail address? Could someone fill in the blanks for me on which one (switch) is there's?

Thanks,

VA-Deano

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Deano,

Gary & Mikey are members of this board. They have developed a simple, low tech, High quality Push To Talk (PTT) for the passenger position. This way, if the passenger wants to talk on the CB, all she has to do is push the PTT from the passenger position.

Gary & Mikey's PTT is high quality, easy install. Plus they are great people and cut a deal for board members.

Just go to the top and do a member search under the "G" and send them an email from there or a PM. Or [email protected]

If you are looking for a PTT that works and won't cost an arm & a leg, this is the one.

Bulldog

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you need the PTT switch for rider/passenger conversations, or just for CB conversations? Harry

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Here is ours. I recommend installing it on the uderside of the rear speaker enclosure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts