GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, hoping maybe someone else has seen this and knows where the problem might be (or how to trouble shoot).

I installed the Original Honda OEM Push to Talk with Volume Control after I installed my OEM CB. Bearing in mind I purchased this used from EBay. So after all was done, the Passenger Volume works great, but the push to talk appeared to be dead.

Assuming it was the switch, I purchased a brand new EC Connections Passenger Push To Talk, and installed it. This one too does not work (never see a TX on the screen). Is there something else you need to do to enable the Push to Talk for a passenger, is there anyplace else (outside the connection) I can test to see why this is not working. From the driver standpoint, all seems fine, just the passenger seems to be failing. There is only 1 plug under the seat that matches the PTT for the passenger, so I am not sure how I could have that messed up?

Any thoughts - direction you can point me would be appreciated.

Stuart

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind - just fixed. The OEM Service Manual just paid for itself. The instructions stated the connector was in one location, but the manual showed it in another. Just had the wrong connection. Woo Hoo!

Stuart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.