1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
motorcycle cowboy
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It is an optional switch the passenger uses to transmit on the CB. There are two genuine Honda switches and several aftermarket brands.

·
motorcycle cowboy
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an optional switch the passenger uses to transmit on the CB. There are two genuine Honda switches and several aftermarket brands.

So it's only function is to allow the passenger to transmit on the CB?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The Honda passenger PTT switch I installed also allows the passenger to adjust the volume level. This is nice for my wife and I, as my hearing is not so good and I need the volume up higher than she would want it to be.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It does not funtion as an intercom "Mute" if that's what you need to know.

As said by others;
1- Volume control that effects all helmet audio to your passenger's headset. ie AM/FM, CB rx, AUX
2- A PTT or CB TX switch for your passenger.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The J&M passenger controller has: Transmit button for CB, Volume control, Mic on/off switch which allows passenger to shut their mic off reducing the wind noise in intercom system.

·
Registered
299 Posts
So when I ride 2 up on the super slab, the wind noise on the intercom is too much (i think it actually comes from my mic). The solution we have is to turn off the intercom on the slab and my wife slaps me on the back when she wants to talk and I turn the intercom on. Is there a product that mutes the mics for the intercom unless the PTT button is pressed. She really doesn't need to be talking not the CB and I don't want the PTT button to key the CB for her.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
So when I ride 2 up on the super slab, the wind noise on the intercom is too much (i think it actually comes from my mic). The solution we have is to turn off the intercom on the slab and my wife slaps me on the back when she wants to talk and I turn the intercom on. Is there a product that mutes the mics for the intercom unless the PTT button is pressed. She really doesn't need to be talking not the CB and I don't want the PTT button to key the CB for her.
http://mic-mutes.com/

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had the passenger Controller on my bike when I bought it. It sat below the rear cubby. When I Installed the CB and J&M Digital Music/usb/aux/bluetooth player, I discovered I had not audio. Nothing worked. What I discovered was while taking off the seat and installing the seat it was really easy to accidently press the passenger controller button. It took a lot troubleshooting before I discovered the problem. Long Story Short, I unplugged the controller under the seat and everything returned to normal. Eventually, I removed the Controller because I don't ride with a passenger or use the chorded headsets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts