GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had the opportunity to purchase a passenger seat back from Diamond Custom Seats for a GL1800?
My wife found the seat back on the Wing to be tipped too far back at the top. My understanding their product corrects this problem. If you have/had one, what's your opinion?
Thanks in advance, Larry

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gl1800 passenger seat back...

Thanks Dan, for your input.
My wife wants to try just a seat cushion against the upper portion of the backrest first. If that doesn't work out then I'll look into other alternatives.
Obviously cost are a factor. I would think it would cost less to have one 'altered' than to start with a new product. Don't know, but when we get that far I'll definitely check WingSoft.
Thanks again, Larry

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Has any one had the opportunity to purchase a passenger seat back from Diamond Custom Seats for a GL1800?
My wife found the seat back on the Wing to be tipped too far back at the top. My understanding their product corrects this problem. If you have/had one, what's your opinion?
Thanks in advance, Larry
We installed one a few years back and she loves it. She had the same complaint as your wife. The Diamond is better for her. We also like the cloth much better than vinal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks Dan, for your input.
My wife wants to try just a seat cushion against the upper portion of the backrest first. If that doesn't work out then I'll look into other alternatives.
Obviously cost are a factor. I would think it would cost less to have one 'altered' than to start with a new product. Don't know, but when we get that far I'll definitely check WingSoft.
Thanks again, Larry
My wife put a cushion against the upper portion of the backrest. She says it works great for her. If she's happy, Well You Know;)

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
We had Diamond fix both of our GL1800 seat backs. It does work to get any passenger back sitting more upright instead of leaned back like the stock one does.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My wife put a cushion against the upper portion of the backrest. She says it works great for her. If she's happy, Well You Know;)

:agree: +1
My wife likes the option of having the cushion or removing it and leaning back. I think she has gotten more use to it now because she rarley uses the cushion any more.

·
Registered
402 Posts
seat

we have this one .works great. $225. last year.
The Ultimate passenger backresthas been redesigned to sit your passenger 10 degrees straighter which eliminates back fatigue and creates more room. We offer two backrest models, Standard (same height as stock) and lowline (contoured to fit the trunk lines).

Our Ultimate seats install on your Wing exactly like stock using the stock bolts and are offered in our standard premium Vinyl and or full Leather. Different color options in material and stitching and an exciting combo of
synthetic Ostrich are available options. (click here for color options)

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/goldwingGL1800.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts