GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how does the controller work? Does it just lower the passenger set more than the drivers? Or does it operate independently from the driver volume all together so you can go louder that the driver?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
As far as I know, they can only reduce the volume. There may be one that can increase it, but I'm not aware of any.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Twyn is correct. You adjust the volume from the intercom volume control, then the controller can only reduce it from that level for the passenger only.
It'll have no effect for the rider.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s what I was afraid of. When I get the volume right for me, my wife head is not loud enough for her.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I tried all the controlers most suck there is a guy in Calif. makes his own and they work excellent sells them on E-bay.
most controllers other then his I found the passenger volume was down less then driver this was a falt of the controllers
if ya want a link for his I'll get it for you
remember you can have a front controler also some have done this
turn bike volume up and turn yourself down

·
Registered
171 Posts
or u buy a mp3 booster , that will pull up the volume of the passenger
takes some soldering............integrate between helmet passenger and connector passenger............audio in from connector
audio out to helmet...........then she can boogie:joke:

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
If you have the J&M headsets, they make an "in-line" volume control. You can plug it into your headset then crank up the volume for the passenger and turn yours down to a lower level.

For the "P Series" headsets: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HC-PBV&PF=26

For the "Z Series" headsets: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HC-ZBV&PF=27

I don't know if EdSets offers a product like this or not. I couldn't find anything on their website. If you have EdSets, you'll have to call Ed and ask him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts