GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up the new 07 yesterday morning. We put about 250 miles on her this weekend. What a machine!
My wife says that although she loves the ride, she gets buffeted by the wind a lot more than she did on our Voyager XII. We both noticed how far back she sits compared to the Voyager and thinks that contributes to the buffeting.
Question. What can I do about it? Does the seat adjust? Does the line of airwings from Barker include a product specifically to improve the passenger air pocket? Any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Baker wings, especially the wing under the mirror will help the passenger. Full face helmet. Some like after market windsheilds like the Tulsa.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Air buffet

Welcome aboard. There are some aftermarket passenger seat backs that provide a more vertical seating position. Try a search mode and you'll find some information. Tom

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Baker mirror wings really helped my wife, they are great, also keep the wind off your hands in the cold.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I put Tulsa wings under the mirrors and a taller windshield. Helped greatly.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
dgamage said:
Baker wings, especially the wing under the mirror will help the passenger. Full face helmet. Some like after market windsheilds like the Tulsa.
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have to agree with the above, assuming a full face helmet, then the single most effective thing to reduce airflow to the passenger was mirror air wings.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Mirror wings here too. I installed the new adjustable Tulsa shield and Gwyn said it helped a lot with the buffeting, I guess because it's 3" wider at the bottom. I still have to raise it a few notches for her.

·
Registered
180 Posts
SO, likes the Cee Bailys screen, odly enough she prefers it on the lowest setting, it being 1" over stock I'm 6'3" it's fine for me too.
Used to hate the buffeting from the stock screen.
Jas

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
ElBando said:
Baker mirror wings really helped my wife, they are great, also keep the wind off your hands in the cold.
Yep me too. They can also draw in some air in the hot weather. Also raise the windshield all the way up.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
wind wings will make a difference.
You don't say how tall your wife is,my wife who is 4'11" was not able to tell a difference in three different windshields.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
NovellRed said:
We picked up the new 07 yesterday morning. We put about 250 miles on her this weekend. What a machine!
My wife says that although she loves the ride, she gets buffeted by the wind...We both noticed how far back she sits compared to the Voyager and thinks that contributes to the buffeting.
My wife had the same complaint. We think it was how high she sat compared with how high she sat on my hoss. It can be so bad with the winds here in OK that she refused to ride with me when it was windy, which is almost all the time.

Mike

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input.
The windshield was in the tallest position when I picked up the bike. At the first stop I adjusted it lower so that I could look over the top. I left it like that the rest of the day. I will raise it and see if that helps her.
The next thing I will try is the mirror wings.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Tulsa mirror wings helped to straighten out the air as it passes my wife.

With the stock wind shield all the way 'up', my wife says the wind starts really moving her helmet around once the bike is over 100 mph on the GPS

·
Registered
60 Posts

Where can I find information about the passenger backrest mod's that help wife sit up straighter. I used the search and that did't help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
With the stock wind shield all the way 'up', my wife says the wind starts really moving her helmet around once the bike is over 100 mph on the GPS
Tony, you been chasing Gary again? :lol: Take care Tim

Tulsa mirror wings and everyone has different opinions on windshields. Crosswinds are gonna bother her no matter what.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
shuckaduck said:
Tony, you been chasing Gary again? :lol: Take care Tim
Nope...... a Mitsubishi car. He gave up at 118mph.

My bike ran 125 on the GPS while 2 up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts