GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote last month to complain about wind noise on intercom that came from passengers helmet. 90% of road noise I heard came from that source. Installed J&M low frequency filter which got rid of about 20% of what I heard. After a weekend trip I learned that in actuality my passenger is hearing so much wind noise with or without the intercom it is almost unbearable to her. So maybe the problem isn't in the electronics, rather it is an airflow problem - windshield or helmet. Based on a member's recommendation that I buy a Tulsa windshield I raised my stock windshield to its full height. This helped another 10-20% but wind buffeting for rider and subsequent noise are still a problem. Forum members suggested the Tulsa windshield, glueing a rubber glove over passenger's mic, & replacing the helmet. Replacing the helmet and windshield is an expensive proposition if it doesn't work. I think the problem is not in the electronics but in the flow of air around the windshield and rider and then having it slam back around into the passenger. Comments and suggestions will be appreciated. In particular did anyone by an after market windshield that solved the problem? Are there full-faced helmets more quiet than HJC? Thanks,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts