GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It is my understanding that you will not have to have a passport until 2008 to ride across the border. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I don't know for sure but have gotten the birth certs with the notary stamp on them for my wife and I and will apply soon.

I follow these threads on various boards and it always seems to change from yes anfd then back to no depending who read what and when.

Think it is something that we will need any way so I will be getting it done.

·
Registered
624 Posts
It was my understanding that you won't need a passport to ride to Canada.

You will need one to re-enter the U.S. though. :D :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
passport

Seems clear to me that unless you ride a yellow wing, which flies, you won't need a passport till 08.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
I like the idea of a passport card, wallet sized.

BUT: I will never go to Canada anyway because of their firearm laws.

I won't go to the states in the USA that doesn't honor my concealed carry permit either :!: :!:

:D :D

later..Randy

GUN CONTROL IS HITTING WHAT YOU ARE AIMING AT.. :eek:4: :yes: :yes:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
BUT: I will never go to Canada anyway because of their firearm law
Thank God! One more concealed weapon I dont have to worry about when I go to the Mall. We already have enough drug dealers and gang-bangers in Toronto to fill the concealed weapon quota.

Thank you for your consideration on this issue...

·
Registered
826 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
BUT: I will never go to Canada anyway because of their firearm laws.

I won't go to the states in the USA that doesn't honor my concealed carry permit either
Randy, looks like you want need any kid of Passport. Don't know of any other countries that are going to honor your carry permit unless you are in the Secret Service.

Your loss. Canada is beautiful. I've got lots of guns but I'm not a fanatic about carrying them with me. I spent 68 in Viet Nam carrying one daily so don't give me any of that BS about freedom and liberty. Been there, done that so you can. At least that's what they told me. Not quarreling with you over your decision but you come across like a nut case when you make statements like that. JMO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I refused to get a Texas concealed carry permit because they wanted way to much personal info on me. Finger prints, Voters registration, drivers license, more fingerprints, social security no. money and more money. http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/rea ... ch=6&rl=15
The bad guys carry and don't do any of this BS. Can't find these requirement anywhere in the Bill of Rights. Speaking of paranoid nut cases... :D :D :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
My family is going to Alaska Cruise this May. We get off the boat in Canada. Our travel agent is saying that since we will be traveling by air from Canada to the USA that we will need a passport for reentry.
Richard

·
Registered
48 Posts
U.S. Citizen Passport Requirement

Air Travel

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport to enter (or re-enter) the United States.

U.S. lawful permanent residents will continue to be able to use their Alien Registration Card (Form I-551) issued by the Department of Homeland Security or other valid evidence of permanent residence status to apply for entry to the United States.

Cruise Travel

As early as January 1, 2008, subject to U.S. Government amendment, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security.

Until that time, the following travel document requirements apply:

International Travel

A valid passport is required; visas are required where they apply. This includes Europe, Asia, Central and South America.

Domestic Travel

For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended.

In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original or a certified copy), plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state or local government agency is required.

A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.

Children under 16 years of age do not require a picture ID.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
It is sure frustrating when you can go to another country with just a passport, but to get a driver's license in New Jersey, you need a Passport, if you have one, your Birth Certificate, your Social Security card, proof of address, a Credit Card and the type of toilet paper roll that you use! :lol:
Arrgghh! What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is sure frustrating when you can go to another country with just a passport, but to get a driver's license in New Jersey, you need a Passport, if you have one, your Birth Certificate, your Social Security card, proof of address, a Credit Card and the type of toilet paper roll that you use!
Sure glad I left NJ!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Italian Stallion said:
It is sure frustrating when you can go to another country with just a passport, but to get a driver's license in New Jersey, you need a Passport, if you have one, your Birth Certificate, your Social Security card, proof of address, a Credit Card and the type of toilet paper roll that you use! :lol:
That's only because NJ issued credentials in the past with very little tracable documentation.. NJ was also the last state to REQUIRE photo's on thier drivers licenses, making them easy to use illegally.. Many of the 9/11 hijackers all had NJ drivers licenses..

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
How did Honda pull this off, what are we going to with our wings if we have to drive Passports to get back in the good old USA?
I hope honda sells trailers too
Will A CRV work? :oops:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
So what is the answer??? Traveling to Quebec in July. Will I need a passport to get into and back out or not. I had been told, that effective 1/07, I would need it. Terp.'s post says no, but then someone else says yes to get back INTO the US???

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I met up with Terpen and Chip in Canada, I crossed over the border without a passport or birth certificate. On the way back there were no problems, just drove across the border..

But that was back in summer of 2006 when it was still the good ol USA !!

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
I won't go to the states in the USA that doesn't honor my concealed carry permit either. . .
Even with all the care and attention in the world accidents still happen. That is why they are called accidents. If firearms are involved the accidents often have painful outcomes.

In Canada there are about 241 firearms per 100,000 population.
http://canada-justice.ca/en/ps/rs/rep/1998/wd98-4a.html

In the US it is more like 31,007 per 100,000 population.
http://www.justfacts.com/gun_control.htm

If the firearm accident rate is similar for both countries then there is over one hundred times the pain caused by firearm accidents in the US.

Here’s hoping that nobody you know or care for is ever involved in any accident, especially a firearm one. I'm glad you are keeping any chance of an accident with YOUR firearms in certain unique states.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The easy and correct answer is if you do not have a pass port by now you need to get one. It is really simple to do and then you can toss it in the safety deposit box till it is needed.
Every adult in the USA will be required to have one in less than 2 years if you ever plan on leaving the country for anything.
Why wait?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts