GL1800Riders Forums banner

Patriot Guard Rider Lost

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  hndymn 
#1 ·
It is with due sadness to post this thread:
(The PGR website is currently experiencing problems)

CPO (ret) William A. Heckmann, Desert Storm Veteran / PGR Member, Goose Creek, SC

It is with great sadness that I send this invitation to the Final Formation of CPO (ret)Heckmann, U.S. Navy.

CPO (ret) William Anthony Heckmann, 53, of Goose Creek was killed on his way home from work when a truck failing to yield right of way pulled out in front of his motorcycle on Friday, February 13, 2009.

He was killed the day before his 54th Birthday.

CPO Heckmann was born February 14, 1955 in Newark, Ohio. He was a Desert Storm Veteran, and retired from the US Navy after 20 years of Service to our Nation.

He continued to work after his retirement at Nucor Steel Berkeley, and continued to Serve his Country as a member of the Fleet Reserve Association, a member of the Patriot Guard Riders, and a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars where he served as Quartermaster of the VFW Post 10256 in Goose Creek, SC.

He leaves behind a daughter, one granddaughter, his mother, four sisters, one brother. He had two other brothers who preceded him in death.

Please see main thread to post Condolences and check for further information:

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForums/tabid/61/forumid/11/view/topic/postid/1087034/Default.aspx

McAlister Smith Funeral Home

869 St. James Ave, Goose Creek, SC

STAGING: 1400 (2:00pm) SAT 21FEB09

McAlister Smith Funeral Home

869 St. James Ave, Goose Creek, SC

VISITATION:

SAT 21FEB09 1500-1700 (3pm to 5pm)

SERVICE: Military Honors

SAT 21FEB09 1700 (5:00pm)

See less See more
#11 ·
My prayers go out to his family.I am not sure, but i may be related. My grandmothe's maiden name was Heckmann and my mothers family was from Newark, Ohio, and i still have family in Newark.

#12 ·
RIP-- It is always sad when a good human being passes,especially before their time from the careless actions of others that possibly could have been prevented.

#15 ·
May God bless your soul sir and be with your family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.