GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic Link

I found this discussion about the Patriot Guard on another board. Seems the Westboro Baptist Church is at it again! I say how sick can these people be?

I support all of our men and women in the military and also wish our troops a quick and safe return. May God bless them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you Bob. Our freedoms do have to be carefully balanced.

It bothers me that people of supposed Christian faith could skew their interpretation of that faith to this extreme and push the limits of those freedoms, but I guess that is what makes this country great. I don't necessarily agree with all you say, and you don't have to agree with me, but we are both free to express those opinions.

You are also correct in saying that the fanaticism shown by WBC is not any different than that shown by fanatical Muslims. As with the Muslims, most of the people who observe the WBC in action have a hard time separating the fanatics from the majority and base their opinions of the faith as a whole on the actions of a few.

I wonder what the members of WBC do when one of their own passes on? Hopefully, they'll show their own the same respect that they show for all the servicemen and women killed in defense of their freedoms. (that was a satirical statement for those who may have misread it).

To know that they will be sorted out at judgement day is of little consolation, I would guess, to the grieving family, and my hat is off to all who have held their temper and "turned the other cheek" when faced with this. I'm not sure if I could, and I'm NOT a violent person.

JMHO

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SPF 0 said:
Are they sick because of their anti-gay stance or their actions at military funerals or both?
I really care nothing of whether a person is gay or not. It makes no difference to me. It does matter that the grieving families of those who lost their lives fighting for our freedoms have to endure this disrespectful tirade by a bunch of loonies at the moment they need our respect the most.

And it isn't about whether someone has the right to speak out, but that they, and I'm guessing at this, do not practice the same intimidation tactics and spew the same vile garbage at the funerals of their parishioners.

What's fair is fair, right? What would their reaction be if the tables were turned?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts