GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put some Patriot Guard items on my Christmas list. How can such things as flags or armbands be ordered?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
The only thing I wouldn't buy is the large jacket back patch. Seems some biker clubs may be offened unless the Confederation of Clubs, or something like that, approves it in your area. Don't ask me to explain why, but wearing it may cause you some problems with some bikers.

I like the new "It's the right thing to do" patch. The bill on the hat I got is crooked and I look a bit goofy wearing it. I like the windshield banner, which I hold in place with a bungee cord.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
You will not have any problems wearing a Patriot patch. Wearing a 3 piece patch that has not been "approved" by the "outlaw types" is the problem maker.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Am I missing something here? Do you mean to tell me that if I wear what is considered, the "wrong type" of patch, I am suppose to be concerned that one group or another might be offended?

Is this something new? Sounds to me like "street gang" mentality. I must live in a vacuum. Never for one second did I ever think that as an adult motorcycle rider, I had to be concerned about stupid patches. I'm glad I don't wear any. :shock:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hello Ken,
i have the armband, hat & helmet sticker. Helps with identification when on Missions. All are available from the PGR store.
the hobo

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Am I missing something here? Do you mean to tell me that if I wear what is considered, the "wrong type" of patch, I am suppose to be concerned that one group or another might be offended?

Is this something new? Sounds to me like "street gang" mentality. I must live in a vacuum. Never for one second did I ever think that as an adult motorcycle rider, I had to be concerned about stupid patches. I'm glad I don't wear any. :shock:
In the world/life of the outlaw bikers, such as the Hell's Angles, Banditos,
Mongols, etc. the 3 piece back patch must be earned. You start in the club as a prospect and must do many "things", often illegal, to be "patched in".
Wearing a 3 piece patch that has not been approved by the "ruling" outlaw motorcycle gang in a area, at a mimimum will get you a severe beating, if not killed!
These are some of the very people the Christian Motorcyclist Association try to bring the Word of God and the plan of salvation to.
If you would like an education on the world of outlaw bikers get the book called Under and Alone by William Queen. A story of an uncover officer that was Patched into the Mongol Motorcycle club.

·
Registered
255 Posts
At a lot of places during the Sturgis Bike Week there will be signs on the door "no colors allowed" This year I saw some that said "except PGR"

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The PGR site says not to put anything on the back of a vest or jacket except the single patch.

You should be okay with just the one patch on there.

For those wondering about the Confederation of Clubs, Google search it. Plenty of info on there.

Dep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts