GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 1995 GL1500SE (for about 15 years) and am just about ready to pull the trigger on a new GL1800.
I'm considering the Navi model and would like more details on what features the bike has. The sales pages at the Honda site read like a one page color brochure.

It is possible to download PDF versions of the owner's manuals, like I was able to do for my Honda Civic?

Is there a better place to get more information?

Note: I did have a long conversation with my local dealer, but he seemed unable to answer my questions (it really felt like he was just guessing on the answers, which didn't leave me with a lot of confidence).

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes to both. I'm looking at purchasing the 2014 model. I'm asking specifically about the 2014 manuals.

Is there a way to get PDF versions of the 2014 model year manuals?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Before I bought my 2013 a local dealer gave me an office and all of the owners manuals from a bike on the floor and let me read them to my hearts content.

Working for a large Japanese company I can tell you first hand that the Japanese are very reluctant to release electronic versions of any hard copy documents. At times this reluctance can reach rather bizarre levels from our American perspective. To get one in any sort or reasonable time frame, you (or someone) will probably need to take a hard copy and run it though a scanner to generate a *.pdf file.

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
Have you tried using a search engine like Google?

Took me about 10 seconds to find this 2010 Nav manual.

http://owners.honda.com/assets/OWNERLINK/Model/own_man/powersports/motorcycle/2010/10_GL1800_Navigation_Supplement.pdf

And then another 15 seconds to find this 2009 Owners manual.

http://home.comcast.net/~jfkrage/GL1800_Owners_Manuals/09_GL1800 Owners Manual.pdf
That's because you're so fn' smart Bart. I'd say most on this board made a living at something other than staring at a computer screen 12hrs a day.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. As I said, I was able to easily get the PDF versions of the manuals for my Honda Civic.

Really, I'm just trying to figure out what all the features are that come on the bike.

I suppose I just have to guess :( They don't make this very easy.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
on a hopefully constructive note...

I don't believe that there are any changes between 2012 and 13/14. Don't mind the non-helpful comments, it must be raining where they are. Welcome to the board. Most of the time you'll find it to be helpful.

Richard

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words, Richard. I assumed someone was just having a bad day.

I'm just a little confused though. I looked at the Goldwing docs site (I am a member) and all the GL1800 manual links just take you to the Helm site where you can purchase the document. Aren't there any downloadable PDFs available for any of these?

Note that I did find a 2009 Owner's Manual and what I think is a 2002 Service Manual. Is there anything newer? I can't find it.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
not sure

I'm not aware of any. When I first joined Saunders site in 2009, it was available there, but shortly Honda made them pull it. If you are looking for diy service help, I would suggest Fred Harmon's entertainment dvds. I realize that isn't what you asked, but before I would have ever opened a manual, I needed the confidence from his DVDs.

Richard

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
That's because you're so fn' smart Bart. I'd say most on this board made a living at something other than staring at a computer screen 12hrs a day.

Sent from iPhone
Not hard to suspect that Bart would be very happy if no one asked any questions on this forum.

Great idea, send everyone over to Google or Yahoo and shut the forum down to nothing except pictures, rides, classifieds, and on and on.......BUT NO QUESTIONS UNLESS YOU FIRST GOOGLE IT. :twisted:

Full sarcasm intended.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts