GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the Rattlebars Kick-shifter I noticed that there was not as much room between the foot peg and the rear shifter peg as on my Valk. I already had Chet's peg re-locater installed that moved the peg forward 1". There just wasn't enough room for the heel of my boot to be behind the foot-peg.

So I took the left Kuryakyn peg and put it on the right side and took the right Kuryakyn peg and put it on the left side. I gained about an inch and one half and my foot now fits comfortably.

I don't know if it looks stupid or not, but it sure is comfortable.

Shooter Indy

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Just a seggestion, you could change the highway pegs to match and it would look like you were all going the same direction. :)

Seriouly, I honestly thought that they were made that way on purpose so people with bigger shoe sizes could adjust them accordingly.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion...

I might just have to check that one. Now much room when you have the Tulsa Hot Foot installed also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Shooter Indy
What are you using for your highway pegs? The mounts for the pegs? My pegs are the same, but it looks like you have better mounting hardware.
MM

·
Registered
823 Posts
I just bot the same Kury driver foot pegs and battled with which was the correct way to install them. I would up with and like them the same as yours, so don't think their backwards.

I also see you have the chrome mounting hardward for the pegs and the chrome frame covers, I just have to get those items on mine too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts