GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a little rock chip just above my cowling lights a few days ago. A couple of hundred miles later the paint is peeling. The spot is now about the size of a quarter. Would this be a warrantee type of item or am I SOL and need to try a touch up job? :evil:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I'd sure take it in and have it checked out. This is the first time I've ever heard of peeling paint.

G

·
You can get a whole new cowel off ebay for $10. I have 3 of them, painted one silver, one black and left one stock. I rotate them whenever I get the urge to change the look.
But I don't think they'd be covered as that's probabaly considered road hazard rather than a defective part. JMHO

Pat

·
Premium Member
19,849 Posts
get one for $40 or less
oh and a rock chip under warranty now that's funny
how about a door ding under warranty

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's probably cheaper and faster if I just did a paint job myself. I was just curious if anyone else had paint peeling. Maybe Rhino-liner type of covering? :? Maybe that would be to much weight?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on the peeling paint. I stopped by the local dealer today and they are going to order a new cowling under warranty. No problems and no run-around. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.