GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct spot for this. I'll be taking part in a charity event this coming Sunday. It's a group plunge into the water at Hampton Beach New Hampshire to benefit the Special Olympics. This will be the first time I've done this event and I'm hoping to raise as much money as I can for this important charity. It looks like the forecast calls for air temps in the 30's so with any luck I can ride the bike there, go for the swim and ride home. The water temp should be in the mid to high 30's too so I shouldn't have any problems cooling off after my morning cardio. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance! No sure if this will link directly, might have to cut and paste.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/tom-ricci/15th-annual-penguin-plunge

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
I did this at Point lookout state park last year. We had to wear cheap deck shoes so we could bust the ice to walk into the water. Hint do not wear laced deck shoes,, Laces will freeze on walk/ run back to your car to warm up. The polar bear plunge was postponed this past week for this year,,, ICE too thick and winds too strong

RECOMMENDATION DO NOT RIDE THE BIKE.. YOU WILL NEED THE HEATER TO GET HOME AND JUST TO CHANGE OUT OF ICED CLOTHING

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RECOMMENDATION DO NOT RIDE THE BIKE.. YOU WILL NEED THE HEATER TO GET HOME AND JUST TO CHANGE OUT OF ICED CLOTHING
Thanks, I have been told by my friends to absolutely wear shoes, the sand will hurt when it's that cold. I think I might forego the bike too, for the reasons you cite

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Your donation link works sir! Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts