GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of my riding buddies have now switched to using the new Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Oil in their wings and other bikes. They now swear by it like they used to swear by Shell Rotella T. One of them even asked me to buy his unopened Shell Rotella T because he wasn't going back to it. Anyone else out there taken this plunge and what did you think about it?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have no opinion on the Pennsoil product, except to say in general that it seems to me and many others after browsing numerous oil threads that there are lots of good oil for the Wing, and as long as you use a high quality one, change it regulaly and use a good oil filter your wing will provide you stellar service throughout it's life. I've decide to use the Rotella T ( at least for now) after my research and considering the opinions of many here helping me make my decision. I feel it is a good quality oil at a good price, easy to get, and hopefully a better choice than most if not all dino oil...IMO. I likely will try numerous synthetic oils( probably the Pennsoil too) to get a feel for "the best one". The oil argument is never ending, as everyone has a different outlook. Sorry for the ramble, I know this did not addres your question specifically, and that you may have no interests in my ramblings. If you go to the Pennsoil let us know how you like it. It's always good to get reports.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts