GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nope, this has nothing to do with what your imagination might be heading towards. Many of us ride Wings, (or soon will be) that are a variety of colors and model years. Does anybody out there know of a resource that would somehow enable me to see the various color options for the Wing? (Perhaps model years 2001-2007?)

Yes, I know that there are a whole host of pics posted on these pages, but they often have shadows or lighting conditions that may alter the true color of the bike's finish. If truth be known, I like so many of the members of the male gender, suffer from a level of color "deficiency."

What would truly assist me would be some type of side by side comparison of say, the variation in the "reds" the "blues" or "silvers" that Honda has produced on these bikes. Any ideas from anyone?

This all stems from an interest I have in pairing together some nice color combinations on what will be my new 07 silver ABS.

Metric4me

G

·
Don't know if this will much help but I would visit Honda dealerships and check out the used 1800's from past years and hope the color your looking for is there.
I always am looking for a reason to stop and look at all the GL1800's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red Willy said:
JeffinFerndale posted this a few days ago.

http://goldwing.fol.nl/English/

Red Willy: (aka Bill)

Thanks so much for the help. This is near perfection. Now, if only my poor deficient eyes could somehow see the variances between the different hues and shades of color!

Thanks so much for supplying me with the link, info, etc.

Metric4me

·
Registered
57 Posts
"quote"...this all stems from an interest I have in pairing together some nice color combinations on what will be my new 07 silver ABS.

Metric4me

I too am anxiously awaiting delivery of my '07 in silver. Good choice! We just HAVE to show up all those citrus loving orange owners! :wink: I may add some unique stripes to mine, and even though I have my own little body shop, I don't see me wanting to two-tone it any time soon. Maybe after a few years once the new-ness has worn off. I loved the two tone colors of the 1500 SE wings. I had a 20th anniversary candy red SE. It was beautiful!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The trouble is not only in how the colors come through on the internet, but in the lighting conditions.

Even in the showroom, different overhead lighting will give different shades. Then you take it outdoors in the shade and then in the sunlight.

The effects can change substantially.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The candy red and the dark red or candy black cherry are the most compatable, and the 06 gold would go well with any of the colors.

RRIXX would spell it colour. :roll:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Metric4me - love your little quote at the bottom of you avatar. However, I thought it read, "In God we trust ... all others pay cash."

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MesquiteBob said:
Metric4me - love your little quote at the bottom of you avatar. However, I thought it read, "In God we trust ... all others pay cash."

Mesquite Bob
Mesquite Bob:

Keep in mind that U.S. currency has "In God We Trust" printed on it. Just like the currency those sentiments can be counterfeited I suppose. I thought your comment was pretty funny! Thanks!

Metric4me

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Metric4me said:
...<snip> If truth be known, I like so many of the members of the male gender, suffer from a level of color "deficiency."
...<snip>
Metric4me
Man, you are going to freak out when see one of the Wings in Illusion Red or Illusion Blue. They change colors depending uppon the type of light and the angle between the light source, bike, and your viewing angle. Seeing a picture of one of those two colors will only give you an idea of what one of its shades will be. Those colors are really fragile so I would not go looking to buy one myself.

If you have ever seen the movie "XXX" starring Vin Diesel, his Pontiac GTO was painted in one of those Illusion colors. It went from Black, to Brown, to Royal Blue, to Maroon, and everthing in between. The good news is that those colors should drive the law enforcement crowd nuts-o when they call in an APB on those vehicles! :shock:

P.S. "XXX" is the name of the movie, not its politically incorrectness rating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts