GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold my VTX1300 RS, Ive had it since 2004. it served me very well the whole time i had it. It took me a year to decide between the Ultra Classic and the wing (dont ask why it took a year), Ive always known the wing is the better overall, but i love the look of the HDUC.
so i now have a 2008 GL1800 with 6800 miles on it (yes, hundred) in mint condition. has everything except the air bag and CB.
I was very surprised to find it is more nimble than the VTX, and ive always known it more balanced.... I only have one problem, I just love to twist that handle on the right side, damn this thing is FAST! :excited: if you know me, you know its black and chrome
just want to know why they couldn't come with a drink holder. Ill post a pic soon, but im sure all of you know what they look like.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the wing. Nimble yes, I went from vtx 1800 to the wing and imo the vtx handled like a tractor.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I just got a Butler cup holder and cup. I have no idea why it took me over 2 years to get them. Congrats on the bike. I went for a VTX 1300R and know what you mean. Also the wife could only do about 100 miles on the VTX and had to get off it. The Wing she can stay back there and not whine for an entire tank of fuel.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Went from a VTX1300 to an 08 Black Wing about a month ago. Still have the X in the garage, but it hasn't gotten out since the purchase.

Welcome to the club :)

Jason

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
sold my VTX1300 RS, Ive had it since 2004. it served me very well the whole time i had it. It took me a year to decide between the Ultra Classic and the wing (dont ask why it took a year), Ive always known the wing is the better overall, but i love the look of the HDUC.
so i now have a 2008 GL1800 with 6800 miles on it (yes, hundred) in mint condition. has everything except the air bag and CB.
I was very surprised to find it is more nimble than the VTX, and ive always known it more balanced.... I only have one problem, I just love to twist that handle on the right side, damn this thing is FAST! :excited: if you know me, you know its black and chrome
just want to know why they couldn't come with a drink holder. Ill post a pic soon, but im sure all of you know what they look like.
Hello old timer :joke::joke:. I was VTX1300R and VTX1800NR on the VTX forums. I tig Welded up a version of your stand.

:thumbup:
Now you remember me as I always pestered (peppered:joke:) you with questions about the adhesive used to hold the rubber strips on the stands.
Your products are top notch quality.
I have been riding a Wing since April of 09. You have made the right choice getting the Wing as it handles like a VTX1300 only smooth and gobs of power. I have already got a warning from a Florida Sheriff for 20 MPH over the limit but he was nice enough to write it as just "failure to obey speed limit" so no ticket. The Wing is a big Crotch Rocket :shock:.
PS: Look thru my albums for the two Stebel horn mounts I made for the rear fender well on the Wing :22yikes:.

Welcome to the nut house up here :nojoke:.
Ralph aka Gator Wing

·
Registered
214 Posts
I remember you from the VTX board pepsX, I had 2004 VTX 1300C until I traded it in on an Airbag wing in late 2006. Trust me you will love the wing. I love playing the I-Pod music very loud on the exterior speakers (deer avoidance you know) and riding the curvy Ozark roads. Enjoy your new Wing.
Elk Man

·
Registered
544 Posts
Pepsx, like the other posters I also had a VTX1300S and now have a Wing. I also still use the stand I bought from you. It works great on the Wing. Welcome.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Another satisfied stand owner....welcome to the Wing. BTW, I still have my VTX, gave it to our boy child to ride.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd like to get one of those stands! What a great idea! Stable platform and you can get that pesky lift out of the way...

·
Registered
386 Posts
:congrats: on your new to you Wing, you'll be happy :p. I too am interested in your maintenance stand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome aboard Dan. I have your stand for my 1300c. Purchased the GL1800 this past spring. Still have the 1300c though. Now you can do a little mod to the stand for a better wing fit:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hey Dan welcome to the club, you're gonna love the Wing. I have one of your stands from when you first made them many moons ago. Not sure if you remember but, I met you and Hicks at Bulldogs VTX bash a couple years ago.

Anyway, Enjoy your Wing my friend.............:congrats:

P.S. Do you still have that cool Ford??

Best Regards,
Wes

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
:congrats:eek:n your wing

please post some info on your stand

down the street from you

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats, you'll love the ride!

Been a faithful owner of your stand from the first week you sold them. When can we expect a GL1800 specific model from PepsX Mfg?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey PepsX...Checkpoint Chicky here.....I traded the VTX1300R for this Wing. Had it 2 weeks now and am getting used to it. Did my first 300 mile ride last night from Raleigh to Wilmington, NC and back just for a Gold Wing meeting and some fine B-B-Q.

:congrats:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the warm welcome, and yes, i remember all who ask. and thanks for the good words about the pepsX stand.
went for the first real ride today, about 250 miles with the wife on the back. a great ride, smooth, fast and HOT! (houston) 120 mph just dont seam as fast on the wing :)
here is a pic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts