GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is two fold in that I have an 05 and I am thinking of trading for an 07 with air bag.

Will I be able to mount the permanent controls for Gerbing heated clothes on the fairing or will they have to be moved? If so with the air bag model where can they be put.

Currently I have them mounted for both myself and my wife on the right side of the fairing in the area that the factory heated grips would go.

The next concern is that I have been told my Windbender with the electric option will be unable to be transfered due to it's motor having to be in the location that is taken up by the air bag.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Slather1. You have confirmed what one other person told me about the air bag model not working with the Windbender electric.

I am still tossing this around but would like the air bag model if I pull the pin so I will have to make a sacrifice.

Just don't know if I would be happy with the manual one though after the luxury that I have grown accustomed to.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Sorry the electric option will not work for you but I'll give you $50 for it.

Seriously if you decide to sell it I would be interested.
Wayne

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Uh, John, your Windbender would look really nice on a BLUE 1800 . . .

:lol:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Curtis - Yes I agree it would look good on that blue bike but it looks even better on my silver bike,

GL1800GSXR1000 I will keep you in mind if I end up getting the air bag model. I do have another board member that spoke before you though.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Let us know what you find out. GL1800GSXR1000 took my bid. HA HA. Now I know what it is like to be on the price is right. I have thought of ordering this shield before, I just would like to test before I buy.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Oh, is the the GL1800RIDERS.COM/EBAY.COM connection?

I bid $51

:lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
oh yeah, one other thing, I won't need you to figure out shipping, as I will just plan to pick it up myself!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts