GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in from a great ride to Petit Jean State Park. We took advantage of the unusually cool weather and had a great ride. We stayed in Mather Lodge at the park, nice clean room and for $75/night hard to beat. The restaurant there was awesome too. Yesterday we visited the grave site of Petit Jean which overlooks the Arkansas River. I heard a small plane flying but couldn't find it until I looked down. He was flying over the river and we were actually above the plane by a good bit! Was a great ride.
Although we didn't go this time, for those who haven't been, Mt. Magazine is the highest point in Arkansas and only about 60 miles away from Petit Jean. Arkansas truly has some of the best riding in the country. Diamonjim,

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
4,009 Posts
Just got in from a great ride to Petit Jean State Park. We took advantage of the unusually cool weather and had a great ride. We stayed in Mather Lodge at the park, nice clean room and for $75/night hard to beat. The restaurant there was awesome too. Yesterday we visited the grave site of Petit Jean which overlooks the Arkansas River. I heard a small plane flying but couldn't find it until I looked down. He was flying over the river and we were actually above the plane by a good bit! Was a great ride.
Although we didn't go this time, for those who haven't been, Mt. Magazine is the highest point in Arkansas and only about 60 miles away from Petit Jean. Arkansas truly has some of the best riding in the country. Diamonjim,
Glad you enjoyed your visit! This is the best August weather we've had in years!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your visit! This is the best August weather we've had in years!!! :thumbup:
:agree: been very nice the last week !! considering I work outside ,it's been great!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is this really August!!!

I agree, this weather has been awesome....
We had a good time in Mt. View for MMM
(mountain, music & motorcycles) There was
lots..LOTS.. of motorcycles and some pretty
good music on the square both Fri and Sat night.

Monk, did we meet you Sun morning between
Timbo and Mt. View, about 10:30 I think???
We were headed home and met a red bike that
passed a car right after we went by.

Hope everyone got out to enjoy this great weekend!!!!!!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
4,009 Posts
I did go up to Push Mountain on Sunday, but I was with another guy on a blue wing. We took highway 263 up to highway 14 on the way. But we did not ride between Timbo and Mountain View that morning. So it must have been some other lucky guy with a ride wing. :lol:

Is this really August!!!

I agree, this weather has been awesome....
We had a good time in Mt. View for MMM
(mountain, music & motorcycles) There was
lots..LOTS.. of motorcycles and some pretty
good music on the square both Fri and Sat night.

Monk, did we meet you Sun morning between
Timbo and Mt. View, about 10:30 I think???
We were headed home and met a red bike that
passed a car right after we went by.

Hope everyone got out to enjoy this great weekend!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yep, this August is one for the record books. We also attended MMM on Sat. and was a great crowd. I'm behind on chores because I can't keep the trike in the garage! :)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
4,009 Posts
Yep, this August is one for the record books. We also attended MMM on Sat. and was a great crowd. I'm behind on chores because I can't keep the trike in the garage! :)
Sounds to me like you have your priorities in order! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts