GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys charging the phone. My usb in the cubbies barely gets my phone charged. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I ran power up to the cubby and added a quality usb charger tap to charge it. I do not use Car Play, I Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have never had an issue with the bike's USB keeping my IPhone charged.

Reactions: Pigeon Roost

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
My experience is that the bike does not provide enough power to keep a phone charged if the phone's screen is on (i use Android Auto on the phone itself, as an example). That's why i ran a more powerful charger from the accessory point on the fuse block. It not only keeps my phone charged, but also two action cameras when I VLOG.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ran a new hot wire to the front of the bike behind the fairing to a 12v bus bar. With the 1st wire running to a 2.1 amp trickle charge connection for a phone charger with the phone mounted with a magnet mount in the center of my speedo and phone running Waze for speed and maps. 2nd wire for my GPS mounted at my left grip and grounded off the fairing frame. 3rd wire to my hard wired radar detector mounted with hook and loop in front of my gas gauge (even though it isn't facing through the windshield it picks up signals from a good ways down the road), grounded also at the fairing frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts