GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have searched the forums and found nothing that helped.

I picked up the bike a few weeks ago. Had the XM antenna installed by dealer. I have tried plugging my phone - Samsung Note 9, into the usb connection. The bike won't recognize it. I understand I may need a different cable for information transmission vs. charging?

Following the youtube vids and the manual, I am still unable to connect via bluetooth. I have tried both inquiring from the bike, and from the phone. I have only been able to get the bike to set the 2 minute search time for bluetooth devices. It would not pick up my phone at all. Seems to be picking up other BT signals, unnamed.

When trying to pair phone, I am pressing the BT button, have the phone visibility turned on, as well as BT.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a possibility that the installation of the xm antenna is somehow interfering with a setting I am not picking up?

Radio works, xm works.

Thank you all for taking the time to help!

Matt Y.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. I mentioned that the bike was picking up other BT signals. This is not the case, my phone was picking up other BT signals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip. I have tried without being plugged in. I have also reset the entire audio system, but no luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Probably something simple, look for a teenager to help..
Sorry didn't mean to joke, hard to trouble shoot when you've followed the instructions.
Good Luck hope somebody can help you with this.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Are you using the Samsung cord that came with the phone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, just got my headset in mail today. I am not using the original samsung cord that came with phone. I will have to find it and try it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
When setting up BT, especially for the first time, it's best to have only 1 BT device on a time. Same goes for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Unpair your phone, re-set your headset ( on Sena there is a small hole on the back of the unit that a paper clip will fill ito...push the button...this will RESET THE HEADSET, go into your phone's BT and forget the bike and forget the headset...Must all be virgin.... first pair the phone to the bike, then pair your headset yo the bike...START UP PROCEDURE turn headset on...start the bike..... wait a minute or so plug-in phone cord from USB Connection ONE...if you have a USB in your salle bag it would be USB two...MUST BE USB ONE...All should be good...If using APPLE PLAY allow it to be on ALWAYS...Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unpair your phone, re-set your headset ( on Sena there is a small hole on the back of the unit that a paper clip will fill ito...push the button...this will RESET THE HEADSET, go into your phone's BT and forget the bike and forget the headset...Must all be virgin.... first pair the phone to the bike, then pair your headset yo the bike...START UP PROCEDURE turn headset on...start the bike..... wait a minute or so plug-in phone cord from USB Connection ONE...if you have a USB in your salle bag it would be USB two...MUST BE USB ONE...All should be good...If using APPLE PLAY allow it to be on ALWAYS...Hope this helps.
OK. Haven't been able to initially pair my phone to the bike. The bike won't pick up my phone's BT signal at all. Neither will my phone pick up the bike's BT signal.

I have yet to try to pair my headset with the bike.

The problem seems to be there is no BT signal coming from the bike at all. Interestingly, when I press the "source" button, the BT option is greyed out, basically is NOT an option. Is that normal?

Thanks for the tips and time for replying.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just pair your headset to the bike and your phone to your headset and you'll be golden.
Keep your bike pairings to a minimum.
Jmo
Good luck @

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Presumably you have you've re-verified that phone pairing is turned on in the bikes menu's and that Bt on the phone is turned on?
(I've been known to accidentally shut off Bt and/or wi-fi on my phone from time to time)

·
15 year Member
6,756 Posts
Turn on headset on helmet
start motor wait to see the headset icon on dash
plug phone in
the Bluetooth icon will let you know your HEADSET it connected to the bike, no other pairing should
be done with anything... all media will now stream to your headset...

when you plug your phone in last it used the BIKES Bluetooth connection

works every time!!!

mattbcnv

·
15 year Member
6,756 Posts
Try turning OFF your BT setting on your phone, as it is NOT needed..

mattbcnv

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, thanks guys. I will try all of your suggestions. I will try in the next few days. Crap weather now. :)

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Something to consider. I just Bluetoothed my Android motoz2 (not that the model matters) to my 2018. Looked like it wasn't finding it, bike or phone, either one.

I've got multiple entries in the phone for previous bt pairings. Wasn't seeing the bike listed (was expecting it to be at the top). I happened to scroll down the list, at the bottom of the list was the bike. Selected it, paired went just ducky, including transfer of my phone book.

So anyhow, scroll the listing, it may just not be showing.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
First install the Honda Navigation update. Second delete all pairings. Next go to the phone pairing screen ask to pair the phone on both the phone and the bike. Now press the inquire tab.
Repete with your Helmet. If this does not work go to your dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your help everyone. I haven't been able to try these recommendations as I have been sick. I will try them when I feel better.
Matt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts