GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a while been working a lot and coaching can anyone give me ideas for a really good cell phone holder for the clutch side prefer one that I can tighten or slide the phone in not the spring loaded ones any suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Since Bullet Bob made sure I saw this thread, I'll throw in my $.02.

I'm using the RAM Universal Handlebar Mount (similar to https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-149Z-PD3U - I don't have the rubber booties for the upper and lower hooks). Even though it's spring loaded (the upper hooks slide up-and-down), I've used it with two different models of phones with good success.

My current phone is large enough that it just barely fits, and I have no worries about it coming out accidentally. With my old (smaller) phone, it was real easy to slip the phone in/out with one hand. That worried me a bit, so I engineered a pin (straightened paper clip) that would keep the sliding part from moving after I got the phone in. All that took was a well-positioned hole drilled through the fixed part and into the sliding part.

Your best bet? Make a trip to Iron Pony. They have a wide variety of RAM mounts in the store, and your can test fit your phone until you find something you're comfortable with.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine doesn’t have that webbing I think that is the problem was riding and looked over and my phone was gone I looked down and thank god for the aux chord or I would have been out a 800 dollar phone lol so I didn’t have the whole package on that one lol thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I use the Honda supplied pocket. Complete with Apple Play and hands free connection

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
I have 6 plus and use outter box use magnet mount ! Can get off easy to take pics if needed no issues falling off . Did you get another bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts