GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May I am going to have to make phone calls while riding for a period of 3 weeks. Normally I only answer calls and only if it is semi safe. I don't consider riding and talking on the phone safe.
My question is how do I save numbers to the speed dial. Every time I try to download the phone book to the bike it does not appear on the screen. I also tried dialing a number and could see it in the call history until the bike was turned off.
I would prefer not to go to Car Play unless that is the only way that it will work.

·
Registered
998 Posts
In May I am going to have to make phone calls while riding for a period of 3 weeks. Normally I only answer calls and only if it is semi safe. I don't consider riding and talking on the phone safe.
My question is how do I save numbers to the speed dial. Every time I try to download the phone book to the bike it does not appear on the screen. I also tried dialing a number and could see it in the call history until the bike was turned off.
I would prefer not to go to Car Play unless that is the only way that it will work.
Carplay, push talk button, hey Siri call ......

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
carplay is such a powerful tool, why dont you want to use it? thats like not adjusting your windshield. siri calls work great with the bike

·
Registered
178 Posts
What Bluetooth headset are you using? Read the instructions as I think both the major units allow use of speed dials with you paired phone. (Paired to the headset that is). Agree with other posters. CarPlay is great. Only reason not to use it is not having an iPhone.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to have 20 days of routes that are already down loaded. I really don’t want to do that again if I don’t have to. Also I am worried about battery life since I will be on the bike for 12 to 16 hours each day.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
the phone charges quickly while its hooked up.

heres how id play it out. map the routes in kurviger and place them on a flash drive. load each day's route(s) into the honda nav, each day. connect carplay and use siri for phone calls, texting, restaurant/gas station, etc... searches. run waze to warn you of road debris, traffic and police. it all works well together.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I still like using my Zumo so I do not have my phone connected to the Car Play, instead I use a Sena with bluetooth and I push the button on my Sena (helmet) and tell Siri to call or to accept an incoming call. When I have my phone mounted up front, I can see on the phone who is calling, if it is raining I either put a waterproof case on or store it in the trunk.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
I have to have 20 days of routes that are already down loaded. I really don’t want to do that again if I don’t have to. Also I am worried about battery life since I will be on the bike for 12 to 16 hours each day.
I carry a power block with me and recharge my headsets while stopping to eat..the headsets are usually fully charged before I'm done and ready to get back on the bike...with my phone I can just leave it plugged into the power block in the trunk as needed....my power block has a fast charge feature so charging whatever is usually very fast...then you can recharge the power block at night if needed while sleeping

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
Have you hit the refresh tab while in the phonebook tab to download your phone's phonebook....if you add any new numbers to your phone you will have to hit the refresh tab for the bike to download the new info...the bike doesn't automatically do it.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the problem may be with IOS 13
I carry 2 or more back up batteries. With a SC1A Sena does not want them recharging while they are next to your head.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My phone is connected to my Zumo 595..... no problem there. I rarely make calls riding, but if I need to, just a few taps on the Zumo screen and wait for them to answer. It reads me received texts, but I must stop to answer back unless I call. I would never be able to use "car play" as I will never have an iphone because Apple devices do not like me nor I them. If I had one, I am sure Siri would respond "How may I NOT help you? when I say "Hay Siri...."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts