GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the latest update and this worked well. As with the previous update I lost my connections to my headset and phone. Got those restored but cannot get the phone book to download so I can add speed dials. It is a pain to lose all your previous connections and speed dials after each update.

I tried multiple times to download the phone book. The download starts, the screen says "Loading" but after a minute or two the screen goes back to normal with no phonebook downloaded. There are 2 settings in the phone menus for manual/auto phonebook and Private (what does that mean?). But I tried all these but the phone book still does not download. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,575 Posts
The bike system has a refresh tap in the phone menu. I had to hit the refresh tap for the bikes system to reload the phonebook after I added a new phone number in my phone so the new numbers would show up on the dash screen of the bike.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I just did the latest update and this worked well. As with the previous update I lost my connections to my headset and phone. Got those restored but cannot get the phone book to download so I can add speed dials. It is a pain to lose all your previous connections and speed dials after each update.

I tried multiple times to download the phone book. The download starts, the screen says "Loading" but after a minute or two the screen goes back to normal with no phonebook downloaded. There are 2 settings in the phone menus for manual/auto phonebook and Private (what does that mean?). But I tried all these but the phone book still does not download. Any suggestions?
As I understand it, the 'private' setting determines if the passenger can hear the rider's phone calls - assuming both headsets are paired to the bike. Some have headsets paired to each other for intercom, but the passenger headset paired to their own phone/audio source.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did my presets different. I created numbering for the people I would need to call while riding.
Thus... one,, girlfriend, two, daughter1, three, daughter2, four son.
This way I can use my voice to call.
queuing the mic and say Call Two. and the call goes out.
anyone other than the presets, I wont answer, they can wait.

·
Registered
273 Posts

I recently had a problem where my phone book from my Iphone would not load into either my car, or my goldwing. Turned out to be a settings problem in my phone. Don’t know if this is your problem, but check out your phone:

• Settings
  • Bluetooth
  • Honda Goldwing
  • There will be a little “i” with a circle around it to the right of Honda Goldwing, tap it
  • Make sure “sync contacts” is ON, if not – turn it on. If not on, your phonebook (contacts) will not download

·
Registered
7,564 Posts

This bike has the Jan 2019 update.

Just did a refresh, using the bluetooth connection.
Android phone.
Previously the bike had a portion of phones contact list (like 60 or so out of 250+ on the phone).
Don't know how that happened....I suspect it was before the updates.... I don't recall telling it to go ahead and have NEVER used the phone while on this bike. (neither this year nor last)

Anyway, phonebook download setting was, set at manual.
Have been experimenting in the garage playing music over Bt from phone, so know the Bt connection is working.
Told it to refresh. It ran for a few -- but I couldn't see that it added any more entries to the bike copy of the phonebook.

Switched 'phonebook download' setting to auto and tried again.
Let it run for between 35 and 40 minutes -- and gave up. Shut off bike to abort.
Again, couldn't see that it added any entries.

Some contacts in phone were duplicates, so decided it was time to houseclean.
Deleted or merged all duplicate entries.

Tried the refresh again.

Took less than a minute.

All entries from phone's contact list that had phone numbers are now in the bike. (the contacts with email addresses only did not transfer).

If a contact with more that one phone number is selected on the bike's screen it brings up another screen showing the number choices availabe.

Like gkc501, it seems I had a phone issue. In my case, it appears the bike couldn't resolve the discrepancies in the contacts list in the phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts